Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Rough finish. After sanding and water base satin finish on t

Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I just had my timber floor bleached and coated. Colour looks nice but the texture is not smooth. It has many areas where I can feel the grain of the timber and also many areas that are very rough especially in areas where there are some kind of little bubbles as on picture. What are tgese bubbles/ raised dots? Is it normal? I was expecting a soft finish and can see that dirt is going to accumulate in that rough area making it very hardware to clean. Sander said he did not sand between coats. Apparently he put 3 water based coats with some white in it to make it look lighter. He said he did not sand between coats because he did not want to affect the colour. Is this right? I want to ask him to sand the floor on top of the 3rd coat and apply a 4th one but is this possible? Is it true it will affect the colour? I do not have time to end up with uneven colour and have to start the job all over again. Help pls!

Related
11/12/2023
POLYMARBLE shower base

Bathrooms and Laundry

I have seen poly marble shower bases last in excess of 30 years

15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

14/01/2024
Render finish

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

But they didn't even leave it at one level it goes up and down along the whole front of the house

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum