Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Builder Criteria / Selection?

Page 1 of 1
I'm a Melbournian and recently watched a special on a current affairs programs about people being stung by unprofessional swimming pool companies.

We're thinking of building a pool in our backyard but have been a little stifled in our decision making process since viewing this segments.

I know there are great companies out there, but how do you pick'em

Thanks.
check thir licens with the dept of fair trading

you will soon see how good or bad they are in past

i have currently ordered a pool and spa via a well known pool builder who advertises heavily

sales = 100%

after sales service = 0%

they hav started hitting me with "oh, we didnt quote you for ****, please give us more money"

3 requests for an explanation in writing have fallen on deaf ears and they want an extra 1700 on a job quoted 33500 for originally

my argument is you honour your quote...if you stuffed up...tough, you have to wear it

be careful who you deal with
Hi Toni,

Some basic advice... ask to see a recently completed project or two (not display) and then you can talk to those past clients if you play your cards right.

Ensure you read the contract thoroughly and when you don't understand something, ask away until you do.

Leonardo_23
I suspect pool lining companies will start charging/making a fortune in years to come..I must say the standard of some new concrete pools I've seen recently is very disappointing.
LOL..As for structural crack repairs ...?
Finding a builder is not that difficult. Here are some handy hints for finding the right builder for your project.

1. Ask the near ones if they are aware about any professional builder.
2. once you have decided which builder to hire, produce a written brief, including detailed drawings where possible, and give a copy to each builder who quotes.
3. Consult at least 3-4 builders, get their quotations and then compare the price list and services they are providing.
4. Check the quotations properly whether all the services are mentioned or not. You can even the previous customers about how well this builder is.
5. Once you have decided, then pay him with the token money.
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum