Feb 01, 2004 5:04 pm
I'm a Melbournian and recently watched a special on a current affairs programs about people being stung by unprofessional swimming pool companies.
We're thinking of building a pool in our backyard but have been a little stifled in our decision making process since viewing this segments.
I know there are great companies out there, but how do you pick'em
Re: Builder Criteria / Selection?2
Jan 06, 2006 12:33 pm
check thir licens with the dept of fair trading
you will soon see how good or bad they are in past
i have currently ordered a pool and spa via a well known pool builder who advertises heavily
sales = 100%
after sales service = 0%
they hav started hitting me with "oh, we didnt quote you for ****, please give us more money"
3 requests for an explanation in writing have fallen on deaf ears and they want an extra 1700 on a job quoted 33500 for originally
my argument is you honour your quote...if you stuffed up...tough, you have to wear it
be careful who you deal with
Re: Builder Criteria / Selection?3
Jul 30, 2015 1:54 pm
Some basic advice... ask to see a recently completed project or two (not display) and then you can talk to those past clients if you play your cards right.
Ensure you read the contract thoroughly and when you don't understand something, ask away until you do.
Re: Builder Criteria / Selection?4
Jul 31, 2015 8:31 am
I suspect pool lining companies will start charging/making a fortune in years to come..I must say the standard of some new concrete pools I've seen recently is very disappointing.
LOL..As for structural crack repairs ...?
Designer,Engineer (Civil,Const & Envir),Builder,Concrete & Masonry Contract.Struct Repairs
Re: Builder Criteria / Selection?6
Nov 26, 2015 5:29 pm
Finding a builder is not that difficult. Here are some handy hints for finding the right builder for your project.
1. Ask the near ones if they are aware about any professional builder.
2. once you have decided which builder to hire, produce a written brief, including detailed drawings where possible, and give a copy to each builder who quotes.
3. Consult at least 3-4 builders, get their quotations and then compare the price list and services they are providing.
4. Check the quotations properly whether all the services are mentioned or not. You can even the previous customers about how well this builder is.
5. Once you have decided, then pay him with the token money.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
Kenshi123Vancouver 33 with PD - Colour Selection Help Please :)Vancouver 33 with PD - Colour Selection Help Please :)
Had a phone call from PD this week. Tender appointment is booked for the 21st of December. A little over a month to go. Hopefully it all goes swimmingly. Land contracts…