Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom floor problems

Page 1 of 1
Have had a few issues with out recently done bathroom floor. Probably around 18 months old

First there has been been a crack running through a grout line which I put down to the floor flexing too much. I was going under the house to check and measure to put some more joist in to reduce the flex and noticed this strange residue on the underside of the compressed cement sheeting.

Any thoughts on this? Is the waterproofing compromised or possibly some moisture from the underside reacting with the sheeting? There is an overflow of the storm water which has had a workout lately possibly intruding some moisture?
Related
18/08/2023
Bathroom floor tile layout

Bathrooms and Laundry

Possibly both depending on the sizing. Idea of working from the centre is that you dont have a 20mm thin tile at one end and a 400mm at the other end. A quick search on…

2/04/2024
Floor plan renovation help for bathroom/laundry

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is a very tight fit, I'm not sure if you'll be able to achieve what you've described. Would you consider accessing the separate toilet from the laundry? If so maybe…

16/12/2023
Brick Problems - Acid Burn?

Building A New House

I am not a brick expert, but rendering would be 1 option, it would be costly to do the entire house though....

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum