Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 21 of 109
Endless cycle of new things coming out and things to upgrade!
Hi Renman,

Could you please recommend any Metricon sales consultant ?

With all the upgrades you listed, could you provide a rough figure?
dulie
Endless cycle of new things coming out and things to upgrade!

Initial chat with Metricon tells me it's cheaper but it only 19kw instead of 23kw but it is more efficient

aujahua
Hi Renman,

My sales consultant was Michael Davies who is at the Somerset display home in Glen Waverley. But I have heard that there's a lady (will find out her name) at the Boudreaux that is really good.

Our build is nearing $800K-$810K (we still have a list of variations coming). This does include carpet and floorboards that we are doing post handover ($50k), WIR still needs to be quoted.

If we get close to $860K we will be kinda happy.

Renman
aujahua
Hi Renman,

My sales consultant was Michael Davies who is at the Somerset display home in Glen Waverley. But I have heard that there's a lady (will find out her name) at the Boudreaux that is really good.

Our build is nearing $800K-$810K (we still have a list of variations coming). This does include carpet and floorboards that we are doing post handover ($50k), WIR still needs to be quoted.

Thanks Renman,

That sounds like a upgrade of 400k+ with budget of 800k+ why pick M ? Why not consider other builder like L37 or Glenvill?

Cheers,
aujahua
Renman
aujahua
Hi Renman,

Thanks Renman,

That sounds like a upgrade of 400k+ with budget of 800k+ why pick M ? Why not consider other builder like L37 or Glenvill?

Cheers,

We tried both of them. For the same size home and list of upgrades Glenvill wanted 1.1M.

We've heard a lot of good things about Actron but I don't think we have Actron here in Sydney

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
We've heard a lot of good things about Actron but I don't think we have Actron here in Sydney

Actron is starting to advertise on TV in Melb. They seem to have a good rep and a lot of new features the others aren't doing.

What do you use/have up there?

Renman
Quirmeball1280

Actron is starting to advertise on TV in Melb. They seem to have a good rep and a lot of new features the others aren't doing.

What do you use/have up there?

We got a Daikin as part of M's promo package but I think they are now doing a promo with Fujitsu in NSW..

M loves to change brands frequently

Hi Renman, I know you mentioned this before but how high are your light switched from ground level? And also, if you have an above counter basin for your bathrooms, how high did you sent the counter above ground level? Thx

Quirmeball1280
Hi Renman, I know you mentioned this before but how high are your light switched from ground level? And also, if you have an above counter basin for your bathrooms, how high did you sent the counter above ground level? Thx

All the main light switches are 1050mm from the ground. All of the bathroom vanities were lifted to 850mm from the standard 750mm.

Renman
Quirmeball1280

All the main light switches are 1050mm from the ground. All of the bathroom vanities were lifted to 850mm from the standard 750mm.

Hi Renman,

Is this vanity height change a free charge? If not, how much ?
Free upgraded. As our vanity are floating there's no cost.

Update:

We didn't get permit approval from M this week as discussed. Instead we got a request on Thursday from M to ask our next door neighbor if they can have access to their property and dig a hole to do a probe test to check the footing of there extension. The extension is build to the boundary and M has know about this. They even charge me for extra under pinning and a long retaining wall.

I have glad that they are been cautious and not damaging the neighbor's property during the build. But why on earth didn't they ask for access a month or two months ago when I handed over the site. Why ask on the second last day of approval. So frustrated with M. It's not like that didn't know that they had to do this.

Got told on last Friday that contractor will do the work next Thursday and would take another week to for the report. This means I have to wait another two weeks for M to seek permit approval.

I am getting upset over nothing?

Renman
Update:

We didn't get permit approval from M this week as discussed. Instead we got a request on Thursday from M to ask our next door neighbor if they can have access to their property and dig a hole to do a probe test to check the footing of there extension. The extension is build to the boundary and M has know about this. They even charge me for extra under pinning and a long retaining wall.

I have glad that they are been cautious and not damaging the neighbor's property during the build. But why on earth didn't they ask for access a month or two months ago when I handed over the site. Why ask on the second last day of approval. So frustrated with M. It's not like that didn't know that they had to do this.

Got told on last Friday that contractor will do the work next Thursday and would take another week to for the report. This means I have to wait another two weeks for M to seek permit approval.

That sucks. But you know what that's m for ya. I just found out today from an assistant manager of dicaps that there is a shortage on tradies. And therefor the tradies are charging double. And all builders are struggling for tradies. To me I just think there's too many houses getting build in vic and that's why they are struggling. It's more like they are taking too many houses on. But not enough tradies for them.

I'm starting to think. That maybe this is done purposely with delays. Because they haven't got enough tradies. And they don't want To tell people that.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Renman
Update:

That sucks. But you know what that's m for ya. I just found out today from an assistant manager of dicaps that there is a shortage on tradies. And therefor the tradies are charging double. And all builders are struggling for tradies. To me I just think there's too many houses getting build in vic and that's why they are struggling. It's more like they are taking too many houses on. But not enough tradies for them.

I'm starting to think. That maybe this is done purposely with delays. Because they haven't got enough tradies. And they don't want To tell people that.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

M is just like a every other tradies out there. Promise them the job and once signed and start they go and start another job. That way they have lock in income for the next week/year.

Hi Renman,

What will be the most expensive upgrade for you so far?

We went to the Somerset display home, it is a fantastic house but the price 1.3 mil is way over our budget. Then we went to the Hampshire display is also very good.

We are just not sure with budget of 650k how good can the house be. Can M tell you a proper quote before you pay the 5k design fees?

Cheers,
Aujahua
Renman
Doulton777
Renman
Update:

viewtopic.php?t=86597

M is just like a every other tradies out there. Promise them the job and once signed and start they go and start another job. That way they have lock in income for the next week/year.

That's true. Even thou our consultant did everything right. She never expected them to muck us up so much. I believe she was genuine. Can't say much about the rest.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
aujahua
Hi Renman,

What will be the most expensive upgrade for you so far?

We went to the Somerset display home, it is a fantastic house but the price 1.3 mil is way over our budget. Then we went to the Hampshire display is also very good.

We are just not sure with budget of 650k how good can the house be. Can M tell you a proper quote before you pay the 5k design fees?

Cheers,
Aujahua

Which Hampshire display did you go to?

If you are wanting to spend $650, the option is to keep the Hampshire layout and facade but visit the Liberty or something from the Freedom range. As those house with all its upgrade are around your budget.

Message be directly and I can assist if you need.

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum