Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 3 of 109

Hampsh upgrade to C5 costs $1,581. That's for std size and 20mm edge for both appl bench and island in new price. Please post std size of both of them

Oninon
Hampsh upgrade to C5 costs $1,581. That's for std size and 20mm edge for both appl bench and island in new price. Please post std size of both of them

That's a really good guide. Something we never got given.

Oninon

Is this a 2782 x 800 bench oninon? That's excellent prices compared to ours at the time.

Oninon

Are you located in NSW? We never got any pricing on anything up here in QLD...
The price list is of Victoria

Oninon
The price list is of Victoria

Which booklet did it come from?

Studio/M Price Guide. This a 13 page booklet and available with sales consultants at display homes and also at Studio M.

What date did you have your studio M colors appt Renman, that could make some difference to your costings.

I guess your standard Appl bench was 0.6x3.6 i.e 2.2 M2 and island bench (IB) was 1.1x2.7 i.e 2.9 M2 in total coming to 5.1 M2 for kitchen. At normal upgrade C2 it should workout to 5.1 x $50 i.e $255. This is what upgrade mentioned in brochure.

If you go by this your appliance bench additional cost should be 2.2 M2 x ($640-$520) = $264. To this you would add 40 mm cost @ $60 Lm. In your case it would be (3.6 x $60) = $216. So total appliance bench upgrade cost is $264+$216 = $480. This is assuming you have not extended appliance bench length.

I can't believe your island bench upgrade cost is around $6k.

Your IB around 4M2 and price at new rate (C5 is $830 and c6 can't be more than $1,000). The cost is $4K and it should be reduced by the credit for C1 ($1,508 ) works out to around $2.5K, The edge pricing (for C3 it is $60LM) assuming at $100 lm, for around 8.7LM would be $870. So total upgrade cost for IB should be around $3.4k.

I think your total upgrade cost would be( $480+$3.4K ) around or less than $4k.
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is building with Porter Davis and you are including the featured ceiling and if so how much were you charged?

We have been asking M and they were very reluctant to do it, now that they did it's going going to cost us $10,500.

When we initially looked at building with PD they mentioned it will be about $3,500. Hope you can help!!!

The journey really starts for us now. Just signed the final contract and received the 5% invoice.

Excited but also worried as well.

Congrats Renman, good luck!

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Nice work! Looking forward to the journey!!
Thanks Quir & dulie

Congrats! I remember that moment very clearly. I was scared when we signed that contract actually.

beac_faith
Congrats! I remember that moment very clearly. I was scared when we signed that contract actually.

Thanks Beac,

It's taken us 7 months to get to this stage.

Why were you feeling scared?

Renman
The journey really starts for us now. Just signed the final contract and received the 5% invoice.

Excited but also worried as well.

Congrats!! Any surprises at Contract? Did you get a final figure for your site costs?

Renman
beac_faith

Thanks Beac,

It's taken us 7 months to get to this stage.

Why were you feeling scared?

Because I wasn't sure if we were doing the right thing
and knowing we were going to be so poor after

You'll probably go through a stage where you find out you could have done something better or a different way.. and if there are enough of those, you start planning your next build..haha

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Oninon
Studio/M Price Guide. This a 13 page booklet and available with sales consultants at display homes and also at Studio M.

What date did you have your studio M colors appt Renman, that could make some difference to your costings.

I guess your standard Appl bench was 0.6x3.6 i.e 2.2 M2 and island bench (IB) was 1.1x2.7 i.e 2.9 M2 in total coming to 5.1 M2 for kitchen. At normal upgrade C2 it should workout to 5.1 x $50 i.e $255. This is what upgrade mentioned in brochure.

If you go by this your appliance bench additional cost should be 2.2 M2 x ($640-$520) = $264. To this you would add 40 mm cost @ $60 Lm. In your case it would be (3.6 x $60) = $216. So total appliance bench upgrade cost is $264+$216 = $480. This is assuming you have not extended appliance bench length.

I can't believe your island bench upgrade cost is around $6k.

Your IB around 4M2 and price at new rate (C5 is $830 and c6 can't be more than $1,000). The cost is $4K and it should be reduced by the credit for C1 ($1,508 ) works out to around $2.5K, The edge pricing (for C3 it is $60LM) assuming at $100 lm, for around 8.7LM would be $870. So total upgrade cost for IB should be around $3.4k.

I think your total upgrade cost would be( $480+$3.4K ) around or less than $4k.

Sorry for the slow reply.

I had my colour appointment mid Nov, so today I asked my CSC to look into the price and get back to me.
Quirmeball1280
You'll probably go through a stage where you find out you could have done something better or a different way.. and if there are enough of those, you start planning your next build..haha

viewtopic.php?t=82846

I'm hoping that you don't too many of those stages where I find that i could have done something better, after my discovery of this forum I'm hoping that it won't happen
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum