Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 13 of 109
nikil
How big is the house? It looks bigger than any one their website.

76sq according to renman.
dulie
that display home!!!!! woweeee! I'm gonna fly down to Melbourne just to visit it!

The house maybe 1.55M but the land is also worth 2M. You might have to sell your shoe collection Dulie.

Renman
The new M Bordeaux.

A bit too small! What do you think?

Wow

Renman
dulie
that display home!!!!! woweeee! I'm gonna fly down to Melbourne just to visit it!

The house maybe 1.55M but the land is also worth 2M. You might have to sell your shoe collection Dulie.

Yup just there to window shop that's for sure lol
dulie
Yup just there to window shop that's for sure lol

You might end up buying another house down here.

Update: Our asbestos removal was done today. Demolition is scheduled for mid next week.

Renman
Update: Our asbestos removal was done today. Demolition is scheduled for mid next week.

Oh how exciting. We are expecting plenty of pics. Which I'm sure you will be taking

Exciting times!! Ours was just finished yesterday.

All happening guys!
nikil

The race is on lol.

Your block is so flat. How much will the site work cost you?

dulie
All happening guys!

Let's hope it all happens without too much delays.

Renman
nikil

The race is on lol.

Your block is so flat. How much will the site work cost you?

At the moment our site costs are at $45,000, second soil test should be done this week. Then we will find out if there's any changes to site costs.
Thats fairly high for a flat piece of land! Does anyone know if M up their site costs frequently after second soil test?
I was told by an M sales consultant that they now over engineer all their slabs and are the highest for site costs. It's as a result of all the M houses that had to be demolished and re built last year due to poor quality slabs.

I'm hoping our site costs go down after second soil test or at least don't increase!
Woah. I didn't hear about this. M had to demolish and rebuild homes?!
Ok, so this is what i found on google:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 4f37c142b4
Yes there was a few different cases but I think around 10 homes were involved. On the plus side though, they are now very very particular about their slabs, unfortunately people are paying for it though.
I think there is no plus side. That poor family had to fight for justice for 5 long years. Going through a court case for that long must have been terrible. Metricon didn't stand by their customer! Instead, they're fighting tooth and nail to get themselves out of it. Makes me ask why anyone would want to build with a company with that attitude???

Unfortunately, in our legal system we have to prove that the builder was at fault. Even if you have as much knowledge as a tradie, you would still need to enlist qualified engineers to give testimony. How expensive is that going to be!

Of course, the sad thing is that any builder would probably behave in the same way so what choice does that leave the consumer.
Sadly I think you are correct, I think any builder once they have their money are happy to walk away!
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum