My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 88 of 109
Floor looks great Ren. Specially the hallway part

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Thanks D777.

Now just have to make sure the carpet installer, appliance installer and removalist doesn't stuff up the floors.

wow wow wow wow
looks amazing, worth all the time, effort and planning - you will enjoy those floors for years.
before anyone walks in to do any work..... shoes off and put old carpet pieces down.
Renman
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Thanks D777.

Now just have to make sure the carpet installer, appliance installer and removalist doesn't stuff up the floors.

Perhaps you should look into some protective covering? My BIL laid our floors and was insistent we put something over the top to prevent trades damaging it. Cost an extra $200-300 for a roll of this stuff. You just roll it out and tape it together. Don’t have to put it everywhere either, just the walkways like we’ve done in this room.

Renman
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Thanks D777.

True I would let them know beforehand to be very careful.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

For me, I would want them under a pelmet if you went all the way up. It may look a bit out of place of you didn't - I feel a pelmet would make the ceiling feel higher as well...

WifeofHunza
wow wow wow wow
looks amazing, worth all the time, effort and planning - you will enjoy those floors for years.
before anyone walks in to do any work..... shoes off and put old carpet pieces down.
Thank Hunza.

We had to take very special care of the floors as we don't have a driveway and it's all muddy outside. Some tradies like fridge delivery and carpet installers reduce to take off their shoes for OH&S compliance.

Had to take extra care like this.

Drew01
Doulton777

For me, I would want them under a pelmet if you went all the way up. It may look a bit out of place of you didn't - I feel a pelmet would make the ceiling feel higher as well...

In the kitchen areas I have seen them ceiling heights and they look quiet nice. I think the opposite if you do go ceiling height it makes your ceilings look taller.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
In the kitchen areas I have seen them ceiling heights and they look quiet nice. I think the opposite if you do go ceiling height it makes your ceilings look taller.

We're in agreement - I think floor to ceiling makes the room feel taller, just like taller doors make a ceiling feel higher, due to the optical illusion created when the top of the door is on the edge of your peripheral vision

Doulton777
Drew01
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I thought the same thinking pelmet. But I was advised that it wasn’t needed and I wouldn’t regret it. I’m so glad I did it because it definitely gives of the illusion of height.

Emmz70
Doulton777
Drew01
[quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I thought the same thinking pelmet. But I was advised that it wasn’t needed and I wouldn’t regret it. I’m so glad I did it because it definitely gives of the illusion of height.

[/quote]Who did your curtains for you?

We are thinking of doing something in style. Pelemts also cost a fortune to make too.

Applicanes are in. Yay!
But M was cheeky and didn't terminate the Isolator switch probably according to regulations.

Need a plumber to install the dishwasher now

Just finding someone to quote or even respond back is a nightmare. They are all super busy I reckon.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Applicanes are in. Yay!
But M was cheeky and didn't terminate the Isolator switch probably according to regulations.

Need a plumber to install the dishwasher now

Yay your almost there. Have you started packing? Oh by the way are you getting my messages at all?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Emmz70
Doulton777
[quote="Drew01"][quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We are thinking of doing something in style. Pelemts also cost a fortune to make too.

[/quote]

We used these people located in Keysborough. They do everything and they are very affordable as well. Wait time can be up to 6 weeks but they managed to finish ours in 3 weeks.
Our SM gave us access to the house during lock up for measurements and they installed ours the week we moved in. I was super happy with the service. We were very lucky because on the same day our flooring was getting installed so I was able to match up my colour selections with floors

Pelmet pricing was very good but I wanted to see what they’d look like without and was happy with the choice

This is the place
http://www.decorlux.com.au
We went with S-fold sheers with no pelmets

That looks bloody nice!!

Drew01
That looks bloody nice!!

You can do with Pelmets but so much nicer without.

Emmz70
Renman
Emmz70
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Drew01"][quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

We used these people located in Keysborough. They do everything and they are very affordable as well. Wait time can be up to 6 weeks but they managed to finish ours in 3 weeks.
Our SM gave us access to the house during lock up for measurements and they installed ours the week we moved in. I was super happy with the service. We were very lucky because on the same day our flooring was getting installed so I was able to match up my colour selections with floors

Pelmet pricing was very good but I wanted to see what they’d look like without and was happy with the choice

This is the place

[/quote]

Wow those look amazing. Which company was it? How tall are your ceilings?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Emmz70
Renman
[quote="Emmz70"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Drew01"][quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

This is the place

[/quote]

Wow those look amazing. Which company was it? How tall are your ceilings?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Our ceiling height was only 2550 and place is located in Keysborough.
They have a huge selection and reasonably priced.
These are some pics they sent me of customers using s-fold design and samples in the shop

Some Pelmet designs

It’s worth visiting if your in Melbourne and very reasonably priced

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum