Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

DRAINAGE & PLUMBING STANDARDS

Page 1 of 1
Our site and slab regularly ends up underwater.

We thought the slab was to be protected by keeping water away from it. Is there any regulation of standard for this?

When the drainage system is put in,at what stage should it be connected to the legal point of discharge.

Is there any standard which says that temporary pipes should be installed after the roof is installed.

Our slab floor levels fluctuate.
May be different where you are, near me it forms part of the requirements for the O.C/Completion of works.

However the builder usually needs to ensure uncontrolled water does not discharge to adjacent properties during construction and that will be in local DCP LEP or perhaps DA.

If the water is contained to your site, and site stormwater control is complying, get the geotech to have a look. If it is potentially causing damage to subgrade a brief letter from them to the builder to remedy the problem would be the normal approach. If you've not got a geotech engineer on board, ask the structural engineer for comment. It's a reasonable request-any ponding near new structures should be checked-most of the time it's not desirable.
Related
10/10/2023
Waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

Does this look right for the laundry?

23/04/2024
Current bathroom waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

We are having a bathroom reddone. The builders are putting down two coats of waterproofing and then screed and then another coat of waterproofing. This is what I have been…

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum