Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom almost finished - before and afters!

Page 1 of 1
o excited! 5 years in our place and finally got the bathroom done! Interesting to see how the encaustics were laid, should have been a gap of 1-2mm but the gap was 5mm. Bit disappointed in that, but can live with it. Just have the shower screen, mirror and some edge sealing to go then it's finished!

Just need the shutters put back on the windows, mirror and shower screen and some caulking and the middle drawer put back on
the vanity

Love the change, especially the tiles!!
Hi! Got our shower screen in and our last drawer. Absolutely loving it! Thanks everyone for the kind

comments.
Love the after photos! Simple and modern but classic. Can I ask what tiles you used on the walls and where you got your vanity unit?
Hi JenBarber no worries, thank you for the kind comments.

Vanity was custom through a friend of ours, he's a joiner - so great. It's Tassie Oak. Other similar vanities can be found at ingrain designs https://www.ingraindesigns.com.au/

Tiles are ceramic from Cerdomus Tiles in Richmond, Melbourne
T1496 Tonalite White Satin 100x300.
Beautiful! With it being Tasmanian Oak you'll have it forever.

I'd love to do a feature tile like you have for your floors, it really changes the mood of the room and I love your blue. I do worry about choosing a tile that might date though, did you have the same fears?
Hi, thanks!

Yes it was a difficult choice, this will be our 'forever' house and no plans to change in 15 to 20 years, so we decided to bit the bullet and go with some 'out there' tiles compared to the standard charcoal. They are amazing, we got them from bespoke tile and stone in Richmond. They are cement (encaustic tiles) so little more difficult to maintain than ceramic but they have a beautiful feel on the feet and are great insulators as they are 20mm thick and solid cement.

https://bespoketileandstone.com/collections/cement

- pre sealing
- no use of coloured grout
- grout of only 2mm - instead of 5mm
- sealing every year (easy to do) in shower base.
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum