Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Wall tile size

Page 1 of 1
Is 150x150 going to work in a bathroom as the wall tiles with 300x300 floor tiles?

The tiles we are looking at are pictured below, the grey are the floor tiles and the beige for the walls. Ignore the feature ones there for the moment as we haven't decided on them yet
hmmm I'm not sure if the grout lines will line up nicely...
donuts
hmmm I'm not sure if the grout lines will line up nicely...

I hope they would if i told the tiler thats what I wanted.
yes but the tile is 150, plus another 150 = 300 but then you have to allow for another couple mm grout line in between... unless you had different width grout lines on the floor to the walls it might not match up exactly evenly, know what I mean? you need double the amount of grout width.

if the tiler can do it different widths then it should be fine though
if it doesnt look weird having different grout widths on floor/wall.

does that make any sense?
yeah I get what you mean, I had them lined up on the floor with the 2 smaller ones in line with the edge of the large tile and there was room for grout between them so the tiles must be a little smaller or something as I did check that out.
ok. then I think it'll be fine
Could you please tell me where those feature tiles are from? They are exactly what i'm looking for! Thanks
MrsGreen
Could you please tell me where those feature tiles are from? They are exactly what i'm looking for! Thanks

Which ones do you mean? I don't know the brand they were just from our local independant tile shop but I know that they are ones I have seen in other places. I can find out what they are if you need.
Related
7/03/2024
Framing timber size needed for a double wall system in non-l

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Long story short, a toilet room is going to back onto our main bedroom and I want to make it close to soundproof. Im going to build two frames (pretty much a room within a…

18/07/2023
Ryobi wet saw C-125A blade size?

General Discussion

All sorted guys. Just needed to buy a blade with the correct bush. Dunno how to delete this post, can't find any help file. Cheers.

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum