Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Drilling into brick - please help

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, this might be a really dumb question but I have no idea and no one can seem to help me....

I am trying to mount my washing line. The holes that I have drilled into the brick have hit the rod voids, to counteract this I have gone crazy on liquid nails and inserted the plugs hoping this would give enough hold for the screws - it has not. How are you supposed to safely mount such an item when you hit voids in your brick? How do you get the screws to hold? Bunnings lady suggested I get a bigger bolt and re-drill however I am limited by the hole on the washing line, so can't go any bigger on the bolt. Is there a solution for this or have I royally f*d it up? PLEASE HELP!
Have they only supplied screws and spaghetti? Can't you use wall anchors that expand inside the hole?
I had the same problem with the wall mounted washing line I installed.

I got the longer (than recommended) dynabolts and drilled the hole through the centre portion of the brick so the dynabolt was anchoring to the centre portion of the brick.

I then drilled out a larger hole on the clothesline bracket to accommodate the larger dynabolt.

In my case the clothesline was a Daytek line from bunnings.

I have not had any issues with the bricks or the line.
Thank you all, I got it sorted, got some better wall plugs and screws and had to drill new holes and it is holding. Thanks to you both!
Related
26/08/2023
Drilling into wall

Renovation + Home Improvement

I use Tramex moisture meter and it will tell me instantly if the wall is cement sheet or plaster or masonite but most people dont have the equipment.

26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum