Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Loans in the post covid world

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

My husband and I were "unofficially" pre-approved for a loan pre-covid. We are trying to borrow about half the approved amount for a building loan, but our mortgage broker is now saying nobody will touch us in the current climate. (Our plan is to sell our current house after the build is complete to reduce the outstanding amount to 1/4 of what we were originally approved for).

It probably doesn't help that I work in the travel industry - but in an IT job that has transferable skills and isn't really anything to do with travel. Prior to Covid I would have been able to easily find a new job. Has anybody gotten a loan since Covid began?

And, does anybody know of any banks who look favourably on IT professionals who might help us out?

Thanks heaps!
Oh no, poor things. It’s not the IT, it’s travel. Most lenders (nearly all, off top of my head) are not accepting applications from that industry. But let me ask you this - are you still working? Have you considered a move in position? Do you need a bridging style loan loan where you base income on the loan you’ll have at the end?
Related
23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum