Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Company closed down

Page 1 of 1
Hi , I am wondering if anyone can tell me, if a company goes bankrupt, and puts all workers off ( as happened on Thursday to my husband
), but my husband got a new job within two hours of being notified.. Permanent, for similiar money, in same job type, will this go against us in the banks eyes, when we go for a construction loan. Since it was out of our control, and my husband was reemployed within such a short time frame, will he need to be in his new job for any length of time to qualify for a construction loan??
Thanks for help
- Sha
I think it might depend on whether there is a probation period for the new job. If there isn't and he's considered a full employee it shouldn't be an issue.

I got my loan after being with the company for 2 weeks, as I was offered the job and didn't apply. I didn't have a probation period and asked my boss to sign a letter confirming same and sent it to the bank and had no issues.
Thanks for reply Dana.
My husband's friend works for this new company, and as soon as he heard the news, spoke to his boss, as he knew his boss was looking for the type of worker my husband is. So the new boss called us. He has to work next week as a trial, but after that it is permanent, no probation - and already the boss is making plans for which team he can place under my husband ( husband is concretor/ foreman).
I am sure he would sign a letter to state same., well fingers x'd

thanks again
- Sha
Related
25/02/2024
How to exhaust heat from closed in veranda

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

There may be answers here but can't find anything. I have a closed in veranda, four windows. North facing, just had sunblock blinds installed. A bit cooler (actually…

22/05/2023
Rollershutters – Down or Up on Holidays?

Safer Living

How long is a "long period"? For a few weeks, it should be ok. It also depends on the area you live in...I would let your neighbours know that you will be away too and…

20/05/2023
Drainage down the side of house

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi HomeOne, I'm in the midst of landscaping a cat run down the side of my house, and the recent rains have me wondering if I need to install some sort of drainage. I've…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum