Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

Construction Insurance vs Home Warranty Insurance

Page 1 of 1
Currently building in Brisbane in an area which is prone to graffiti vandals. The house across the road had their garage door spray painted 3 times during construction, and I fear it is only a matter of time before my garage door or house gets done also. My understanding is that my builder (Dixon Homes) has Construction Insurance, but I have compulsory Home Warranty Insurance - which is provided by the BSA (Qld). Now my question is, if I get vandalized during construction, is it covered under the Construction Insurance, or the Home Warranty Insurance Scheme? I am a bit confused because the Home Warranty Insurance says in a vandalism claim that you have to pay an excess of $2500?? I could probably buy a new garage door for that! If vandalism is covered under the Construction Insurance, then why is it also covered under the Home Warranty Insurance?
From some research I have done, it seems that the Home Warranty insurance covers you when the builder fails to satisfy their obligations. So in the case of vandalism, the Home Warranty insurance would come into play only when the builder fails to complete the house, and the unfinished home is left abandoned and then vandalized. Does this sound correct? Any vandalism that occurs during the construction should be covered under the Builders Insurance. Does all this sound correct?
Related
8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

20/11/2023
Bearer & Joist/Pole Home Construction Cost

Building A New House

Hi Mrboh Just wondering if you have any BAL or flame zone issues on your block, as getting compliance with BAL requirements whilst doing bearers and joists is tough. Not…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum