Join Login
Building ForumHome Finance

owning home - what other expenses

Page 1 of 1
when u own a home. besides the monthly installments what other cost will be incurred? what is this water council rates all about?
Water rates, Council rates, Power, Telephone, Gas bills, building and contents insurance.........
Constant monthly outlay on decor items....
The bank also charge me a yearly loan maintenance fee.. i think this depend on the lender
council rates you are looking at on average $1000 a year which can be paid quarterly

I worked out the rest based on what my mum pays for 4 people living at home

Water - $800 annually maybe bit more as water charges are going up from july 1
Electricity/Gas - $1200 annually
Telephone - $500 annually

Home and contents insurance $400 annually

I also included things like car expenses, mobile phone, internet, food, clothing, chemist/doctors bills just to make sure!
cococrunch
what is this water council rates all about?

A wonderful invention, where a state government organisation charges you for the privelege of a water connection to your home and the use of that water as well as the collection of the "used" water.

Even if you are low volume user, you'll find that the fixed charge component of the bill is large.
claego
The bank also charge me a yearly loan maintenance fee.. i think this depend on the lender

Very much depends on the lender and the type of loan - we have a loan with credit union, no monthly or yearly account keeping or loan service fees.
I'm just going to have to agree with Helyn again.
Gee, your'e makeing a habit of this, thlo
Helyn
Gee, your'e makeing a habit of this, thlo

Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumHome Finance
Home
Pros
Forum