Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Hiding pool equipment - ideas please??

Page 1 of 1
We've just had our pump etc put in place and we had originally considered getting a custom made aluminum slat box made to fit over but now we are wondering if the $2k'ish price tag is worth it.

We have also been let down a bit with positioning of the electrical and also the pump/filter, as we'd made it clear we were having the area liquid limestoned and the installer has placed the pump and filter on a slab above the level the limestone will be poured at. Also the proximity to the side fence makes us doubt a box will fit in between.

You can see here where the pump etc is in relation to the pool

Equipment here;

We know of a good brickie and we are now thinking of putting a rendered brick wall from the side fence, then turning into the back wall and leaving a gap big enough to walk in and also store other equipment etc. Obviously there'd be no top on it but i don't think that is an issue???

Similar to this;

Anyone have any other ideas or have similar to what we are thinking that could share pics???
hi at one stage i was thinking of this
http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/diy-store ... ution.html
i asked the store guy and he said a pump can fit quite comfortable and they do have other sizes
i was also thinking of a small colorbond storage to fit but am still looking into ideas as pump and filter will not be installed for another month
you have a very nice pool very similar to ours
Hi em. 2 options.
1 build a colourbond shed same colour as fence this will make it almost invisible . I also like to allow enough storage space for cleaning equipment, kits toys & a high shelf for chemicals . See 1st pic

Another option is to make it a feature using timber or stone like these

As for the limestone the equipment is just on a concrete paver . You can simply disconnect pump, filter, chlorinator & get the limestone done around pipes then re connect. Put a packer under them or adjust pipes if required
Cheers
Thanks for the ideas!!

We have spoken with our brickie and he is going to build us a wall around it leaving a small gap on the retaining wall side to get in. He also suggested cladding the front as opposed to render and using our left over bullnose headers from the pool to go on top to tie in with the pool.
Just an idea - but the equipment you have can be installed in a line - maximum width of the ZX cartridge only 400mm (pump is 250mm)- you only have suction and return line - it should have been installed down the side of the house (the churn and burn fibreglass guys tend to just plonk it within 6m of the pool)

4 lengths of 40mm CLASS 9 pipe , some elbows and pvc pressure glue - and tuck it around the corner (or get pool shop or reputable pool man (are you in perth?)) to move it - 2hrs x $88 plus about $80 pipe and fittings.

Sparky to move points (probably where the conduit runs from back of house anyways) may cost $300?

Pretty cheap compared to a corner cover that forever looks out of place.

Just an idea
Hi supernicko thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately we have no room at the back of the house which is only 1.5 max from the boundary retaining wall so we need all the room out there as it is.

We are happy with the location and hiding with a cladded brick wall, pretty sure it will come up nice
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone enclosed their pool filter who also has a gas heat installed? The gas unit sits next to the filter. I was thinking of getting a timber box made up for the filter and just cutting holes for the returns to the gas unit?
We are looking at this. Our equipment is quite long and high - we have self cleaning and chlorinator etc.

We decided on a beam on wall - with a colour bond roof off it.

The costs from different people were unbelievable.
sco77k
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone enclosed their pool filter who also has a gas heat installed? The gas unit sits next to the filter. I was thinking of getting a timber box made up for the filter and just cutting holes for the returns to the gas unit?

Ours also has a heater. So its long and we needed room above to get cartridges out of self cleaners.
Yeah I was more concerned with ventilation and carbon monoxide build up. I suppose as long as the timber slats are wide enough to allow proper air flow
Related
20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

1/11/2023
Ideas for Privacy Wall?

General Discussion

Hi guys We have just removed a very large grape vine which was mounted to a structure along this wall. This is a shared wall with our neighbour, and after removal, we…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum