Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Rangehood advice

Page 1 of 1
Hey
Its range hood picking time.

Anyone have tips or experience with these.

Highland bh9027g $1500

Baumatic $500

Westinghouse wrg950cgs $800

Been googling about and still have no idea.

Need a strong suction, pref quiet if poss.

Thanks !
We have a Beaumatic (BAH93CG-IS 90CM CURVED GLASS ISLAND CANOPY) It's absolutely stunning to look at, but it's noisey

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/aaron4erin/rangehood.jpg
My only advice on a rangehood is spend as much as you can afford. This piece of equipment will almost single handedly determine whether you enjoy your kitchen or otherwise. I hear more complaints about noisy rangehoods that do nothing than just about anything else.

We purchased a Qasair. Australian made, very quiet, very effective and almost universally recommended by the kitchen trade. Will be quite a bit more expensive than the ones you are looking at but if you can stretch, you should.

(remember to factor in the ducting costs)
deathgod
Hey
Its range hood picking time.

Anyone have tips or experience with these.

Highland bh9027g $1500

Baumatic $500

Westinghouse wrg950cgs $800

Been googling about and still have no idea.

Need a strong suction, pref quiet if poss.

Thanks !

throw a pice of paper up the rangehood if it sticks because of suction power then it works if does not then forget it
Hi we are getting a schweigen rangehood with the isodrive motor (strongest suction motor in range 1200m3-ducted motor sits on the outside of your building) we spent 2K. It has been installed in our new kitchen and boy is it quiet
. It is available in a range of designs. We bought the 90cm concealed under mount. Maybe worth a look.

Here is their website http://www.schweigen.com.au/

Edited to add: We can't wait to move into our new home next month.
Melrich
My only advice on a rangehood is spend as much as you can afford. This piece of equipment will almost single handedly determine whether you enjoy your kitchen or otherwise. I hear more complaints about noisy rangehoods that do nothing than just about anything else.

We purchased a Qasair. Australian made, very quiet, very effective and almost universally recommended by the kitchen trade. Will be quite a bit more expensive than the ones you are looking at but if you can stretch, you should.

(remember to factor in the ducting costs)

+1
We've gone with Qasair too. Sorry, can't comment on the others.
Related
18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum