Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Stoopid Splashback!!

Page 3 of 4
Well done bel…..looking forward to your colour board!
Thanks Mich

I must admit you have been a bit of an inspiration to me.

You told me to go Murray Red AGES ago..I Just didn't think I could pull off a red splashback, I have been going back and forth with neutral colours and what do you know I keep coming back to good old Murray Red...

Lesson learnt...Michelle is ALWAYS right

Quick question - do you think I can get the Murray Red painted onto the glass with the green tinge or will it show through?

Dee what are you doing? Upgrading to clear?

Cheers
bel
Here are some splashback pics I've been saving. I Like the second and third ones the best.

haywgl
Thanks Mich

I must admit you have been a bit of an inspiration to me.

You told me to go Murray Red AGES ago..I Just didn't think I could pull off a red splashback, I have been going back and forth with neutral colours and what do you know I keep coming back to good old Murray Red...

Lesson learnt...Michelle is ALWAYS right

Quick question - do you think I can get the Murray Red painted onto the glass with the green tinge or will it show through?

Dee what are you doing? Upgrading to clear?

Cheers
bel

I’m pretty sure that photo I put up of my brothers Murray Red was on the green glass!
It should be fine…dark colours take better.
I like the second one too!

Should NOT be looking!!!

See when I look at the second one I think, I know I won't get sick of that and I can always brighten it up with bright red canisters, fruit bowl etc

This is the part of me that is torn...

Just out of curiosity Mich, what colour from dulux would you suggest is a close match to pic 2?
Aussiebell….4th one not doing it for you????
Sorry I think the 2nd one is missing something…..it leaves me cold.
Awesome! I'd prefer to not add another cost to my list

Oh can any of the talented Paintshop pro's try and use pic 2 with a Murray Red splashback just so I can compare the two?

Pretty Please?
The 4th one is so funny I had to keep it.
OK….still can’t help you there
Gotta love the pink

I know what you mean about being boring Mich...it's what I also consider safe

I actually don't mind the first one - very fresh!
Michelle
OK….still can’t help you there

Let's hope Matt comes along
I actually like the first one….but I don’t like the heavy grey side wall cupboards, they lost it there!

By the way, Ray can do Photoshop…or whatever.
A couple more pics, I think white kitchens look fantastic with timber floors.

Noice!!!!

I like the first and last one you put up too!

I particulary like the floorboards in pic 1.

We are having spotted gum - hope it looks that nice!!

Ok..might have to sweet talk Ray

That colour splashback is very similar to what we're having if i can't change it... but not the white kitchen obviously.
Ours is called Alecon lace on Starphire...
Thanks P - I actually looked up yours on Dulux but it didn't come up with a match so I am assuming it is a different paint company.

I like it - very simple and timeless
I like pic 7 ... the splashback with the mocha chocolate colour which is our second choice if the Murray Red doesn't work out.

Haywgl
Not sure which glass is included in our contract. I've never asked but the builder is pretty reasonable.

Either way its good to know Mish that your brother used the one with the slight green tinge to it. I definitely want it to be a deep rich darkish colour not a bright red like one of the previous pics.

Our front door is Murray Red and we want the splash to repeat the colour chosen for the front door.

I'm going to make this the last decision and will probably confirm close to handover. I understand that it is fairly easy to paint the glass but I'm also prepared to delay handover as I want the floors in before choosing the glass. We're also having spotted gum floors
Anyone have a sample of the red colour please?
Do you mean the colour number Matt?

I'm a bit confused

I just go to the dulux website and click on the Specifier, then the Colour Atlas and then type Murray Red....
Related
You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum