Join Login
Building ForumRecipes

Who doesn't love pancakes?

Page 1 of 1
Personally, I could live on pancakes. But let's face it; sugar-filled, white-flour-based recipes aren't exactly something you want to be eating all the time. So I've invented numerous healthier versions that I can eat pretty mich every day.

My latest? Pumpkin or sweet potato pancakes. Awesome.

I've been given a protein pancake/pikelet recepie.

Natural Protein Powder, 100 g
Eggs - Whole, raw, 2 medium
Coles - Skim Milk 99% Fat Free, 250mls
Generic - Wholemeal Plain Flour, 1/2 Cup Uncooked 2
Perfect Italiano - Extra Light Ricotta Cheese, 125 g

Using a medium-size mixing bowl lightly beat two eggs. Add creamed cottage/ricotta cheese and stir mixture until creamy and smooth. Add flour, - mix in well. Add soy protein powder plus milk or water and blend mixture.
Pre-heat non-stick frying pan on medium-high or as for traditional pancakes then spray lightly with canola oil. Place ½ of the mixture on the frying pan and gently spread out to cover pan evenly. .

Can't wait to try it!
Sorry for the hijack Kek! I can't seem to open that link tho
The simplest and easiest pancake recipe is 1 egg, 1 cup self raising flour and 1 cup of milk.
I also add some cinnamon. Beat with a whisk until a good batter is formed and cook.

Not the healthiest but quick, easy and tastes fantastic.
What I like about pancakes is that when you look at them side on, that is the shape I would like to be, but when you look at them flat on a plate, that is the shape that I am... But they taste good no matter which way you look at them...Thanks for the recipe kek
ed @ ecoclassic
What I like about pancakes is that when you look at them side on, that is the shape I would like to be, but when you look at them flat on a plate, that is the shape that I am...

Good one Ed.
Me as well!
Zarli, I often make protein pancakes...I'd replace the wheat flour with something else though; wheat makes my tummy very unhappy.
Half buckwheat flour & half rice flour works well, in case anyone else has wheat issues. Or raw oats ground up in a food processor mixed with half rice flour.

I have a million pancake recipes, most using vanilla whey protein... Will find the links when I get a minute.
I like to keep it simple.
1egg and 1 banana blended and cooked on a low heat.
Cant get any healthier
I top with berries.
kek
Personally, I could live on pancakes. But let's face it; sugar-filled, white-flour-based recipes aren't exactly something you want to be eating all the time. So I've invented numerous healthier versions that I can eat pretty mich every day.

My latest? Pumpkin or sweet potato pancakes. Awesome.

i love pancake . and thank you .
Hey!! Thanks for the recipe!! will try for sure.
I love pancake and all deserts. Try Food Pin to show your Food love. It is amazing.
My Aunt always made her pancakes with syrup in the batter. That's how I love to have mine. I'm not a drowner so mostly I dunk cause I have to have a certain pancake to syrup ratio but cooking the syrup in the pancake is perfect for me
I love pancakes. My wife bakes regularly, Her recipe maybe,
1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
11/3 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
Related
You are here
Building ForumRecipes
Home