Join Login
Building ForumRecipes

For all those who like cupcakes

Page 8 of 17
This was my effort for DS 5th birthday 1.5 years ago......all he wanted was a garage truck birthday cake (he actually wanted a garage truck and rubbish party lol
but we didn't think many kids would go!)I was going to get a cake lady to make one, but with his birthday being early January, she was on holidays!
It was such a hot day, and the icing began to melt - worse still was the fact that I made it, iced it and decorated it on the board, but forgot to measure the board to see if it would fit in the fridge. It didn't!

Pretty average cake making skills I have, but he loved it!

Needless to say when he turned 6 in January this year, I left it to the professionals
Well you lot are a creative bunch.

I'm buying cupcakes for DDs birthday (don't know where ... the party planners are bringing them with them lol).

I'm a shocker ... but you are all inspiring me to have a go. DD's birthday is in September so I might have a bash and make a chocolate cake from scratch.

Hmmm anyone got any ideas for a model makeover x HS Musical cake????

My creativity is limited to wall colour and house design
leo the lioness
SuH
leo the lioness

So you are fairy blue's sister??
and you both can cook cakes like that...together
all that talent in one family

Yep, SuH, I'm fairy blue's sister! Not sure if I would call us talented though!

Yeah not talented, just lucky!

Here's the wedding cake we did on the weekend for our brothers wedding. (Thanks for dipping all those strawberries, Leo) Can't wait to do one of these again. Excuse the mess on the table cloth, must find a cleaner photo!!

What a great idea
yummm I want to eat all those strawberries!
i was actually looking at something like that too for my daughter's 2nd birthday. I love the idea!
I just thought I would add this saucy cake for a laugh. I made it this weekend for a friends bachelorette/ hen's night on Saturday. He is meant to be bursting out of the cake holding a rose for Rose (the bride to be), unfortunatly he ended up a bit *** and looks a bit like one of those old dolly varden cakes gone horribly wrong. I wish I had more time to make him a bit better looking. There were actually 40 cupcakes to accompany the main cake, all with little white chocolate tiaras or sugar paste ball and chains. Everything but the plate was eadible and hand made.

Well today is the start of "cake week" in our house. 2 birthdays 2 days apart. ( great family planning not!) I think the worst year was when both wanted to take patty cakes to school, I had to make a cake to have on their actual birthdays and then on the following weekend we had birthday parties for them both.

Oh well. They are past the "cakes to school" stage . ( hmm might have to double check that with youngest though he didn't want any for school last year) And we don't do birthday parties anymore.. so I'm down to 1 cake each. phew! I've just put cake 1 in the oven. A different recipe to my usual. The batter was delicious so hopefully the cake will be scrumptious too. Fingers crossed I've got the new oven sussed.

Chocolate cake ( blah what else in this household) for both. Oh well. it's safe. Everyone can eat it here.
One day perhaps someone will request something a little more exciting but I doubt it since it's what Hubby usually asks for as well so I rarely get to make anything else.
kexkez

Chocolate cake ( blah what else in this household) for both. Oh well. it's safe. Everyone can eat it here.
One day perhaps someone will request something a little more exciting but I doubt it since it's what Hubby usually asks for as well so I rarely get to make anything else.

can they eat mud cakes Kex?

i made a cherry ripe mud cake that was delicious!!!

http://www.cakesandmore.org/blog/catego ... es/page/2/

i haven't made this one yet, but i want to give it a go

http://www.cakesandmore.org/blog/category/recipes/

or put a ferrero rocher filling in
http://www.cakesandmore.org/blog/catego ... es/page/3/

i did this for my nieces cake. Apparently it was really yummy
sadly Mel.. mud cake is a bit rich and often stodgy. youngest can't take it and wouldn't touch it anyway because of the cherry ripe and hubby wouldn't eat it either. I'm the only one who likes therry ripes and then other cakes hmm eldest son and I would eat it only.

i can't make rich cakes ( too buttery or anything with cream as youngest has a dairy intolerance) and none of the kids eat fruit/berries in cakes. Hubby and I eat apple cinnamon cake that i make but otherwise he's not too keen on fruit in cake either though he'll eat basic fruit cake. Hubby doesnt even like my gluten free orange jaffa cake that I make for a celiac family friend-->
I made the candied orange peel for it as well.
Here are some of the cakes I have made.

[
misskittyfantastico
I just thought I would add this saucy cake for a laugh. I made it this weekend for a friends bachelorette/ hen's night on Saturday. He is meant to be bursting out of the cake holding a rose for Rose (the bride to be), unfortunatly he ended up a bit *** and looks a bit like one of those old dolly varden cakes gone horribly wrong. I wish I had more time to make him a bit better looking. There were actually 40 cupcakes to accompany the main cake, all with little white chocolate tiaras or sugar paste ball and chains. Everything but the plate was eadible and hand made.

When I first saw this I thought it was Michael Jackson
It's pretty good misskitty, I like his 6 pack
brendondanielle
Here are some of the cakes I have made.

[

These are just too good
and I won't ask how
Hi Michelle,

I think they look gorgeous as well, have a friend who's son is getting married (on the cheap, cheap as poss) range, and we were only discussing what cake we could make for them. I think if we made up a pot for each table in the colours she goes for (which I think is sliver or gold) it will double as a table decoration and for dessert - thank you very much for the inspiration.

Lisa
Hi Lisa….very glad it has helped you.

I think that's a great idea, should look a bit special as well, as not too many people will be doing them.
My DS turned 4 yesterday, and I made this 4 cake (yes it's supposed to be a 4!) with roads and cars on it. I got the colours a bit wrong... the road is supposed to be grey but turned out green... rest of cake was supposed to be 'pillar box red' but turned out a bit pink

oh well, he liked it

Oh so cute Donuts!!!

Well done - a better effort than I could do!! Happy BIrthday to DS too!!

DS is sitting mesmorised by the Thomas train!!
thanks bel

how cute and funny is your DS
I'm sure he's got lots of Thomases of his own to look at and be mesmerised by!
Sorry I can't resist, I just got this via email. Its from an RSPCA photo shoot.
Too cute - if you like puppies that is

Related
8/02/2024
Survey for those who built recently, building now or soon

Building A New House

https://form.jotform.com/240284569218058 Please spare a moment to fill out this survey form for a project. You stand a chance to win a digital gift voucher. Legitimate…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumRecipes
Home
Pros
Forum