Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Renovating bathroom

Page 1 of 1
Hi
It is my first time posting here so sorry if i am doing anything wrong.
In a bathroom renovation with a timber floor and subfloor, my question is that is it ok to put cement sheeting 6 mm directly on floorboard.
And then water proof and screed and tile?
Is there anything required for the shower area?

Is it ok to use gyprock aquacheck for the walls in shower area?

I appreciate your assistance in answering my question.
Cheers
Hi mate, the 6mm sheet can be used, although I would advise against it as a more durable 16mm compressed sheet would normally replace the timber floor below.

With the 6mm if it's not installed properly there is to much risk of movement with the floor boards below that can cause problems with your tiled floors in the future.

With the walls aquacheck can be used, although 6mm villaboard on all walls is again a better finish for walls with full height tiles.

Good luck with it all.

Regards James Mason

www.renovationjunkies.com.au
It would be better if you used 16mm compressed sheet instead of 8 mm compressed sheet . By using it , it became highly durable & stay for long time.
Related
13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

30/05/2023
Bathroom Puddle flange

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi Geoff Install Puddle Flange prior to any screed. Puddle flange needs to be flush with the surface so you may need to grind away the surface to achieve this. Also as…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum