Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

$11000 Qld building cap for home owners; ways to get around

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone I have searched around for answers on this topic but not found anything as yet, so hopefully this hasn’t been covered under a different thread already.

With the $11000 cap on trades doing work in a renovation on Qld (*when not using a builder or going under owner builder), can anyone tell me if these would be ways to get around it.

A.) In a bathroom reno where you might need plumbing, tiling/waterproofing, shower Glass etc. Assuming you could get each trade to do their bit for under $3300 and in total the work and materials came under the $11000 threshold, would this would be ok legally with no need to use a builder?

B.) Could you also get around the $11000 rule if it was possible to get low enough quotes from trades but do most of the work yourself instead and only use/pay for work you have to such as plumbing (an occupational licenced trade)?

I know trades are pretty expensive per hour wise but if you had mates or found a trade that would quote low for jobs just so you could stay under the $11000, couldn’t these be the quotes you went by when estimating the cost for the total job (whose to say their price is too cheap;)

Also does anyone know if there is a time frame that $11000 cap would stand. For example could you do $11000 of work each month and have a short break or every 6 months, or yearly?
"the $11000 cap on trades doing work in a renovation on Qld "

err no such thing.
Related
15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum