Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Front Door Handles - Pull or Lever?

Page 2 of 2
dna
So your hubby likes tri-locks for "security reasons" although he's doesn't know if tri-locks are more secure or not

Another thing I'd be concerned with would be the force required to open the door. If it's too hard for kids, I suspect they would forcefully open the door by charging into them and thus possibly causing damage to the wall as the door swings open

dna, its a std 920 door on (i would assume) 2 or 3 hinges so it shouldn't be that hard to open.... and my kids definitely know better than to charge at a door enough to cause damage to the wall (which would no doubt have a door stop on it anyway)

So i don't think i need to be worried about that. Thanks anyway.
P we just changed our door as there seems to be a lot of the horizontal glass panel doors in our development.

Just to be different:

We've gone for a plain solid door with a vertical handle similar to the one posted and the same handles throughout that you have chosen.
We have the same door and front handle as adamtram, but we made the glass translucent glazed.

Phoenix, we have the same internal door handle!
Hey Phoenix,

We have the Satin Chrome Tri-lever Gainsborough lock (middle in your pic)on our front (PMAD101), with the Elena(700) Satin Chrome handles on the internals.

I like the look of the tri's as the handle and lock barrel are all in the one unit... I don't really get how the big vertical handles work/lock so can't comment.

Ray.
The security of most outside doors wouldn't be an issue if they opened outward instead of inward. I think the current 'inward' standard is bizarre.
I have a question.... our front door is on but no lock installed as yet......

SO if i want the pull handle installed with the escutcheon underneath. Does the escutcheon/locking mechanism need to be positioned lower that the standard lock/door handle???

Does anyone know???

If i don't make that decision quickly it will be made for me by the tradies who are putting the standard door lock on in the next day or so!!!!!!?????

Anyone????
There are a couple of combinations that can be sourced. Combined lever internally and pull handle externally or pull from both sides.

They both reply on a spring mechanism to close till pulled or use of lever to open and rely on a key for locking.

I believe the lever option both sides of the door to be more secure.
Related
23/05/2023
Which entry door pull handle to go for?

Building A New House

Black on light wood does look good. Not sure if it will be as long lasting as a steel finish?

29/02/2024
handles not horizantal

Windows & Doors

Very small children, small dogs and cats

31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum