Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Modified Camden supplied by PAAL homes

Page 3 of 8

See, we give u a shed and u take 2. Poor Mrs Barker, I can only imagine her troddling off to do her scrapbooking in the SEA CONTAINER
No wonder it didnt go down too well hmm hmm

No the second shed was a freebee given to us from my uncle mind you had to go dissmantle it and he lives in Kwinnana then transport it to the block and re assemble it but it was worth it in the end and is going to become the garden shed 8 x 4 metres not a bad size shed.
Heath
Congrats on the bubs Heath. AND you should know that MY study is all for ME and my scrapbooking, sewing, H1ing etc. DW really NEEDS the whole study
(someone has to help champion her cause, might as well be me).
Thanks Raleighfarm,
DW origanally had the whole lounge room for her sewing and scrapbooking but she said it was to big and give it back to me as a home thearter room when she told all her girlfreinds what she did they all told her she was mad and that room would have been a awsome srapbooking room she did ask for it back but I said no we will work somthing out, we will have to wait until the house is built then look at what we can do as we aren't short of space, and I see you house is getting closer to finished (very jelous).
Cheers
Heath
Yes well Heath, space will be more of a premium for you with TWINS on the way
Finally piers are ready and will be delivered tomorrow then into it mid next week

Cheers
Heath
Fantastic news Heath. Cant wait to see this house go up.....
Waiting in anticipation for you.
Hello everyone,
Well finally been making headway on the blasted floor have so far stood up 37 piers with 44 to go spent two days just trying to get one section square but now it started to rain so have to wait till it stops to continue but also have to go back to work on friday so trying to get as much done as possible I do have some pics but can't upload them at the moment as I am using the work laptop and they don't like it when I upload photos on the next G card so you will have to wait till I get home apart from that I had to cut nearly all of the piers to get the correct hights luckerly a mate drop past and offered his laser level what god send piece of equipment that is all levels taken and marked in about one hour then two hours of continues cutting stiil have got to do the rear deck and verandah but that will happen later once I get to at least plate high and that is still a little way off once I have all the house piers up I will still need to go around and get them plumb which will probally take a day and a bit then the top hats will need to be adjusted and levelled then the bearers will go up 4 @ 11 meters, 3 @ 8 meters and 4 @ 17 meters fun, fun, fun, well will try and post again before I go back to work till then.
Cheers
Heath
Happy pier-putting-in!...how is the pregnancy going?
Hey raleighfarm,
DW is very sick as the doc says with one you get some sickness with two it's double everything so she's decided to stop work come end of September and maybe stop study as well, I will just have to wait and see, apart from that all is well.
Cheers
Heath
Go away Rain so Heath can do some work. I think its supposed to be raining again tomorrow
You've made excellent progress though. Dont u just love lasers

barkersontheblock
Hey raleighfarm,
DW is very sick as the doc says with one you get some sickness with two it's double everything so she's decided to stop work come end of September and maybe stop study as well, I will just have to wait and see, apart from that all is well.
Cheers
Heath
Poor thing. I can only imagine (and thats just with 1 let alone 2). I wish Mrs Barker well and for the sicky feeling to go away real quick
all the extra work will be worth it in the end.
so sorry bout the mrs. and just to let her know after 2nd bub you usually get horrific after birth pains ( my mum forgot to warn me of those and i thought there was a twin left behind lol) but better not tell her that till after bubs born
bingoshelley
so sorry bout the mrs. and just to let her know after 2nd bub you usually get horrific after birth pains ( my mum forgot to warn me of those and i thought there was a twin left behind lol) but better not tell her that till after bubs born

I wish I didnt read that.
Will put it out of my head right now. Heath, dont let Mrs Barker read that
thirsty
bingoshelley

I wish I didnt read that.
Will put it out of my head right now. Heath, dont let Mrs Barker read that

Yes...my after birth pains got worse after each one...have had 4. Worse if she is breastfeeding...but it will contract her uterus faster...panadol will help immensely. Sorry...hope I haven't put anyone off your thread
OK so we started after much arguing about how it didn't look right and lots of measuring to get square

[url=http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/hgb13569/?action=view&current=HouseDrawings002.jpg][img]
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... ngs002.jpg[/img][/url]
End day one

Half way through day two after about two solid hours of cutting

End day 2

Finished floor height will be around 400mm above this height

Cheers
Heath
I will be back at the block on Monday to start completing the rest of the floor and have six and a half weeks off to see how far I will get with the rest of the house building, this weekend is pretty much written off with mum's 70th birthday this Saturday night should be suffering from a hangover on Sunday.

Anyways I thourght You might like this it's something different and happened last Thursday when travelling between caravan parks nearing the end of my swing.

This what happens when your so called heavy duty 4wd camper fails at 70kmh

What can you do but laugh.
Cheers
Heath
for finishing the piers. How much damage to the camper trailer?
Hey raleighfarm,
Haven't finished all the piers just yet still need to do the verandah and back deck that will be done once the wall frames are up, and as for the camper it's still in our head office in Perth so not sure if they will wright it off or not as we are self insured through Wesfarmers anything can happen, my supervisor wants to get it repaired i recken they should just get rid of it and buy a caravan instead. LOL
Hi Heath, 6 weeks off
Lucky you. Unlucky you with the trailer
Well done with the progress and that means lots more picccies
Have fun tonight and will know how u feel tomorrow as Im a bit like that today
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum