Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Cheap temporary fencing required..anyone know of any?

Page 2 of 2
Star pickets = robot trading get the imported ones
If you buy the fencing mesh for $100 per 10M it is till going to cost about $1000.00 and you have to install it your self.

I ended up using a few star pickets and some wire mesh that was ****** around and managed to do a fair bit. I then hired 40m of temp fencing with gate and lock from 1300 temp fence for 420 for 9 months.

Hope you have a win
But in the case of buying the stuff is that you own it after the build. Pretty good bonus i reckon. If you do sell you should be able to get 50% back. Also you dont have to worry about time.
Yeh, I am kind of leaning towards the DIY way.

But obviously the price needs to be worth it...some of this steel is expensive to buy.
This is an interesting thread as I am building in an eco village and their rules for my permanent fence to create privacy is that it needs to be a temp fence if that makes sense and then you can grow screening plants or vines along it for privacy...

I didn't realise it would be so expensive for a temp fence even. Can you buy gates for these temp fences already made and is it easy to DIY? I'm female and know nothing about putting up fences, but am going to give it a go!
Borg

The only Robot traing I know of is in Ballarat rd, Sunshine, Vic. Is that the same one? How many in a pack is it 12pcs. Do you know what they cost each.

Thanks

KW...........
star pickets should cost around 80 for a bundle of ten.
There is a Robot Trading in Preston too...on Chifley drv. They sell those star pickets too. You can google da website.
fitnhealthy
This is an interesting thread as I am building in an eco village and their rules for my permanent fence to create privacy is that it needs to be a temp fence if that makes sense and then you can grow screening plants or vines along it for privacy...

I didn't realise it would be so expensive for a temp fence even. Can you buy gates for these temp fences already made and is it easy to DIY? I'm female and know nothing about putting up fences, but am going to give it a go!

You can buy already made gates..there were some on ebay and maybe Gumtree website. As for DIY, things are still dear to buy so Im looking around still. One temp fence guy told me that if I give him my cheapest quote, he can beat it. It will still be a few hundred $$.
Hey guys,

If you need chain wire mesh, there was a guy/gal on ebay selling some. A fair few metres per roll.

The listing ended but they emailed me saying they are still available; so if you need to make your own fence,this might work out cheap. I think for 4 x 6 metres of fence, they were charging round $150-200 (but ud need to confirm that price as its not on ebay anymore.)

If you need the mob number; pm me!!

AND for something a bit different, I think i might have found some good fencing panels to buy at a cheap price from a company in China that makes mesh panels. I think I can buy proper panels already made for 1200. Then I can sell them after I am done...VERY COOL.

Still working out the logistics on this one....

Its a wonder what you can find online
dont just limit yourselfs to chain mesh fencing you can pick up some cheap tin on ebay it dosnt have to be chain mesh more privacy with tin anyway
I'm actually not allowed to use tin, the only option I have is the chain mesh stuff
fitnhealthy
I'm actually not allowed to use tin, the only option I have is the chain mesh stuff

oh ok i know SA has some weird laws regarding building so maybe you should check with your council before buying any materials for fencing to see if what you are purchasing is ok by them
Just make sure what ever you use is safe. I dont like it when i see people using REO for fencing/. I think it is very unsafe.
New Temp fences cost about $60/m..when the jobs finished sell it on gumtree
post cost 75 for 10. I bought 20.

I used a post hammer. Made the job so easy very easy in fact.

Spaced the post 3.3 meters apart.

I got the fencing cheap through a contact however you can get them from ebay now and again. In fact i sold some myself on ebay. A roll retains for arounnd 100 per ten meters. But look around for second hand stuff.

If you buy post make sure you get 2.4 that way you can get them 600mm into the ground.
I'm about to owner build myself. I kept an eye out on gumtree and Facebook marketing place for second hand fencing, however, I also bought a Ute for the build so I was able to easily pick it up. Rather than using the concrete filled blocks, I drove 40mm pipe into the ground and then the 35mm fence fits inside it. To make it stable, I will attach tomato stakes to the fence and the top of the retaining wall which I'm keeping for the build. For the fence that goes up the side, I simply drove star posts into the ground and wired the fence to them. More stable than I thought it would be. I also bought a 2.4 h4 pine post and made a gate out of one of the panels. It was only $14.5 for the post, $6.5 and $13 for the hinges. It means that I will have a gate that works properly for the duration of the build. I'll do the same on the other side which gives me a 4.8mtr opening. I'm still in the process of erecting it and it will be all straight by the time I'm finished. If you own the fencing, you can do as you like with it and with a bit of luck, I'll sell it for what I paid for it 🤞

Related
22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

15/06/2023
Duplexes with Temporary Underground Services

Building A New House

Hi JW I just read your post and I find this situation quite strange. When we build, we get a temp pole for construction which becomes the permanent pole for one of the…

30/09/2023
Temporary bracing for partition wall

General Discussion

Hi all, Not sure if this is a good place for this question but I guess we'll find out! I'm a novice, building a modular room inside my garage/shed and need to create…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum