Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Plasma installation

Page 1 of 1
Hi there gurus - sorry to bringing up this thread again but just got an email reply from SAMSUNG tech support team re installing p/point & antenna socket behind a plasma tv.

This was my questoin to them:
.....We want to hang it on a wall but need to know whether it is safe to locate the powerpoint & antenna socket on the wall directly behind the TV or at floor level, with concealed cabling in the wall cavity.

Samsung's response :
What you are suggesting is fine, just ensure you don't hardwire the TV somehow so that if it ever needed unplugging, you could not unplugg it, other than that, powerpoint and RF point behind the unit or floor level concealed poses no operation problems to the unit

Can I assume then that it's OK to install the p/p & antenna outlet behind the tv? I'm confused. Don't want to do the wrong thing, but installation directly behind the tv would be the best option for us.

What do you think ?
Yes you can.

Their concern is if the power point itself is concealed (ie inside something you can't access (wall, anything) or behind something you can't access) then you will have difficulty unplugging it etc. if the need arose.
cool.......thanks
Related
21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum