Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building 2 storey home- separate water heating on each floor

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, not sure if anyone here has done this in the past. We are building a 52 square home and thinking to have a separate water heating for each floor. Main reason, when someone is using the bathroom (most especially kids) they are not interrupted when we are using the kitchen downstairs that uses hot water.

It's always busy in the kitchen and with our current home that has 1 tank water heating, it's always a major concern.

I'm not sure how much would it cost to have separate water heating but if you can also share a rough estimate that would be very helpful.

Thanks
instantaneous gas heaters are only couple of grand a piece
Melbournevic
Hi there, not sure if anyone here has done this in the past. We are building a 52 square home and thinking to have a separate water heating for each floor. Main reason, when someone is using the bathroom (most especially kids) they are not interrupted when we are using the kitchen downstairs that uses hot water.

It's always busy in the kitchen and with our current home that has 1 tank water heating, it's always a major concern.

I'm not sure how much would it cost to have separate water heating but if you can also share a rough estimate that would be very helpful.

Thanks

I can tell you exactly what it will cost

I would recommend a B26 for upstairs which you can buy for $769 and a 32 litre for downstairs as you want to be able to run the washing machine and kitchen taps if needed. These are $1700
Thanks alex and sejae, very helpful. I'm glad that it is possible and it won't cost heaps. Such a great relief.
Related
11/05/2023
Building certificate for each stage

General Discussion

Not unless you have managed to put it as a special condition into the contract somehow.

27/01/2024
Porte cochère - separate pedestrian gate/path?

Building A New House

Thank you so much for your response. I have drawn a pedestrian gate in - for curb appeal, let's see how much costs come in at. I think you're right - if we decide to…

5/09/2023
Water Underneath Timber Floor

General Discussion

The most likely cause of your timber swelling (parquetry?) is either a plumbing leak or carelessly leaving water on floors after use or both. Without seeing, i am ignoring…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum