Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Show us your facade...

Page 6 of 7
Sparkyf
Hi All,
We are building with Metricon also, we have gone with the Mode facade (due to issues with our block and the length of the house, but that's another forum topic).
Our colours appointment is a month away yet, and browsing various sites doesn't give a lot of colour variations to look at, but we like the one shown here with the stone pattern.

I LOVE a stone feature column and a bit of a post-modern style so I do love this facade. However I also love a dark grey and wood combination so I love the one you posted further down. Honestly though the Mode facade is stunning and any of these would look amazing.
Here is our facade. Nearly finished!!

Our facade finished! We got our driveway today and turf Friday but I am in love!!!
This what I have so far. Need to complete painting, lay some concrete, build the porch and some landscaping!

Our facade comes up nice on completion.
Originally chosen tile run out so had to select other tile but love the tiles we got on The facade now.

u/82605_1587762999.jpeg[/img:152oq752]

u/82605_1587763091.jpeg[/img:2daj2lm1]
[img]]
MrSingh
Originally chosen tile run out so had to select other tile but love the tiles we got on The facade now.

[img:152oq752]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82605_1587762999.jpeg[/img:152oq752]

[img:2daj2lm1]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82605_1587763091.jpeg[/img:2daj2lm1]
[img]]

That mix of textures is perfect, beautiful choices!
dyl92
This what I have so far. Need to complete painting, lay some concrete, build the porch and some landscaping!

Just a few minor things to go
Pitched roofs are gorgeous, I imagine you'd have some nice high ceilings too?
JenBarber
MrSingh

[img:152oq752]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82605_1587762999.jpeg[/img:152oq752]

[img:2daj2lm1]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/82605_1587763091.jpeg[/img:2daj2lm1]
[img]]

That mix of textures is perfect, beautiful choices!

Thank you
juliep100

Thats a lovely house. Would you happen to know the cost of the large fixed window you have above your entrance door? We have something similar but currently our builder has put in a sliding window there but we wanted something like yours. They said it would be really expensive as it would industry grade or something. It would be good to know the price before we push them for it. Thanks
Here is our recent build, a duplex:
juliep100

Hi Juliep100

Can I ask what building material you used? Are both storeys rendered?
Sparkyf
There are some other versions on a few of the other houses, some are Queensland specific, but maybe we can use the colour scheme, any suggestions?

Hi Sparky

Good luck and I will follow your building journey

Regards the color scheme , what I like is below

(mode facade - up right-hand section, grey render + Alu Window + timber cladding to add a bit warmth

I am also looking for some contemporary facade color scheme , will share if find any

The colours we have chosen are Grey Pebble (main projection and garage surround) and Doe (projection above the garage, and top floor render all around) with Surfmist garage door, and Echo Ridge Dressed Fieldstone. The windows and doors are black, so hopefully it looks OK!

The combination is very similar to the Mode facade image on Metricon's website (although it is only a computer generated image, there are currently no displays with Mode facade).

Funny the names, as the Doe is the grey colour, and the Grey Pebble is creamier!
amenon
juliep100

Thats a lovely house. Would you happen to know the cost of the large fixed window you have above your entrance door? We have something similar but currently our builder has put in a sliding window there but we wanted something like yours. They said it would be really expensive as it would industry grade or something. It would be good to know the price before we push them for it. Thanks

Hi, unfortunately I don't have the separate cost for the window at the front. A sliding window wouldn't have worked there for us as it is where a void is. I'm hoping it has no problems into the future.
Adl1
juliep100

Hi Juliep100

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. I thought I'd upload a couple of better photos that shows better the colours and materials used in front and back of the house.
It is render for the front bottom section of the house, painted in a very dark grey colour. We have bricks for the back section of the house in Chiffon colour. We have used greys throughout the house and outside.
The top of the house all around we have used Scyon Stria 405 panels and painted. What we didn't realise at the time and will do a different colour next time is slight glare effect that the back neighbours have been getting. I'm hopeful that as the sun changes position in the warmer months that they don't get as much glare.
We had basalt colour for the roof and gutterings; surfmist for the garage door.
We also have a double garage shed in basalt and surfmist for those garage doors which has blended in nicely.

juliep100
Adl1
juliep100

Hi Juliep100

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. I thought I'd upload a couple of better photos that shows better the colours and materials used in front and back of the house.
It is render for the front bottom section of the house, painted in a very dark grey colour. We have bricks for the back section of the house in Chiffon colour. We have used greys throughout the house and outside.
The top of the house all around we have used Scyon Stria 405 panels and painted. What we didn't realise at the time and will do a different colour next time is slight glare effect that the back neighbours have been getting. I'm hopeful that as the sun changes position in the warmer months that they don't get as much glare.
We had basalt colour for the roof and gutterings; surfmist for the garage door.
We also have a double garage shed in basalt and surfmist for those garage doors which has blended in nicely.

looks nice !!

May I ask what is the render color for 1st floor? - also "Surfmist" ?

Also , the window color - is it "Black"?

Thx
Hi, it is Taubmans Grey Fog but very closely aligns with the surfmist. The windows are black.

We started with a full Hamtpons facade but the local council made us move back to cement render finish due to a local building code grrrrr

My current project. The spaces between those stones will be grouted and then painted the same color as the other stones so that it all matches.
JenBarber
Gerro
We are loving how our colour selections turned out..

Love the Woodland Grey here. It's got the same bold kick of Monument but softer.

Hi, love the colour choices! May I please know what colour is your garage door?
Related
7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum