Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 23 - Ormeau Hills: Life after handover

Page 25 of 29
Hi, I'm new on Here, your house is looking amazing, I wondered if you could tell me the details of your basin in the bathrooms and your kitchen mixer??
krazyhouse
Hi, I'm new on Here, your house is looking amazing, I wondered if you could tell me the details of your basin in the bathrooms and your kitchen mixer??

Thank you!! Our bathroom sinks are Caroma Gem Semi Insets and our kitchen sink is a Reece AFA exact.

The mixer is a Phoenix Blix I think its called?
Congrats caydenm! Thats awesome progress. Its also awesome to see your Noosa as it gives us a sense of what ours will be like.
Absolutely loving how this home has come together in the end... We are just about there now and cannot wait for the PCI!!! There are some big defects I have found that I am not looking forward to dealing with in 2 weeks as I feel as though they might be an uphill battle.

Enjoy the photo spam.

Looks lovely. It certainly looks great on the inside. What do you mean by big defects? That sounds a bit scary.
what are the defects???
bestspecials
Looks lovely. It certainly looks great on the inside. What do you mean by big defects? That sounds a bit scary.

The biggest one is probably wanting the kitchen bench tops all replaced... They made a mistake with the edging and I thought they replaced it all but when I look yesterday they were removed, re sanded and reinstalled, exactly what I didn't want... They also have a massive chip at the join on the waterfalls

Quite a couple of issues with mortar in the brickwork around the house. The remaining stuff is mainly paintwork, some electrical stuff we paid for hasn't been installed, damage to some gutters. All fairly simple fixes but I reckon the bench tops are going to be met with resistance.
That's not good with the bench top, especially now that it is chipped too. They will definitely have to replace it. We have our colour appointment on 7 March and I wouldn't even have any idea what type of edging I want on my benchtop (we are having waterfall too).
Hope everything is sorted quickly.
Kitchen is amazing!!!!!!

bestspecials
That's not good with the bench top, especially now that it is chipped too. They will definitely have to replace it. We have our colour appointment on 7 March and I wouldn't even have any idea what type of edging I want on my benchtop (we are having waterfall too).
Hope everything is sorted quickly.

If this helps, here is the difference between pencil edging and Flat arris edging. We went with pencil edge but they have honestly butchered the edge works it looks pretty rough....

I love your kitchen too! I really hope the issues are taken care of quickly!! Thats what im worried about, i was hoping to bring issues to our SS attention early, so it would get taken care of before PCI and then handover wont be delayed for longer than it needs to be, but apparently thats not how things work and issues should only be addressed on day of PCI... i hope you still feel excited though, i hope your probs will be sorted asap so you can move in and enjoy your new home

I really love the dark walls in the media room, I am really keen on doing that to ours.
Thanks everyone, definitely still excited!! Falling in love with this house already, so happy with how it's all come together.

Luckily all of the issues can be corrected it just comes down to how Coral wants to handle it! Most of the house has been great but there are some areas where the workmanship is a bit slack.
Your home looks beautiful. Congratulations.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
I don't even think we specified edging...wonder what we are getting.

I can understand your frustration Caydenn!!
beautiful! Did they end up running the flooring up the island like you wanted?

I'm sure the faults will be fixed, fingers crossed about the island. It's a shame, but it was their stuff up, not yours, so you don't want something that isn't done correctly, i would have no idea how to check for weak spots after something like that :S

but the house is looking so lovely! Can't believe how quickly it has come together
CC7

I'm sure the faults will be fixed, fingers crossed about the island. It's a shame, but it was their stuff up, not yours, so you don't want something that isn't done correctly, i would have no idea how to check for weak spots after something like that :S

but the house is looking so lovely! Can't believe how quickly it has come together

Thank youu!!! We actually decided against it for now... Love the look of everything as is and worry that timber up the face of the bench might be too much timber, they have left extra planks so we can always do it in the future

2 weeks till PCI, so excited.
Caydenn
CC7

Thank youu!!! We actually decided against it for now... Love the look of everything as is and worry that timber up the face of the bench might be too much timber, they have left extra planks so we can always do it in the future

2 weeks till PCI, so excited.

It looks really great, clean and open without it currently

I'm so jealous you will be moving in soon. soooo jealous haha
Caydenn
Absolutely loving how this home has come together in the end... We are just about there now and cannot wait for the PCI!!! There are some big defects I have found that I am not looking forward to dealing with in 2 weeks as I feel as though they might be an uphill battle.

Enjoy the photo spam.

Great Photos. A question about your Media/Lounge. Are two of the plates on the wall for passing cables uninterrupted from top to bottom? Was this arranged at the electrical appointment and if so how much? Also, with the high powerpoints did they offer the option of recessed powerpoints?
mpricecs
Great Photos. A question about your Media/Lounge. Are two of the plates on the wall for passing cables uninterrupted from top to bottom? Was this arranged at the electrical appointment and if so how much? Also, with the high powerpoints did they offer the option of recessed powerpoints?

Thank you!

That is correct, they are called a bullnose/cable entry plate and yes it was arranged at the electrical appointment. Each one cost about $60 which is stupidly expensive considering you can buy and install them yourself at $20 each...

They didn't offer any recessed power points but I will be covering all the power points with the TV's anyway so it didn't both me
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum