Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 23 - Ormeau Hills: Life after handover

Page 7 of 29
Great choices we got the upgraded underlay and wow! It feels great. See your choices made it on Instagram

I completely missed your colour selections with exciting news of settlement!!

Your colour palate is sensational, going to look gorgeous. Love the idea for the island bench
Congrats guys
it's all happening so quickly now for you!

StephLee
Congrats guys
it's all happening so quickly now for you!

Hopefully it keeps upo but I have a feeling it's going to slow down a lot now
Somehow I missed your colour selections and just saw them on the Coral facebook page lol. They look great! Your external colours are the same as ours (except we have a white feature brick). Cant wait to see it all come to life!!
Thanks so much for all the positive words about our selections everyone, it's awesome to have people to share the excitement with.

We have our electrical's this Wednesday and then it's just a waiting game for Council approval and all the variations to be done from our selections!
charlibear
I completely missed your colour selections with exciting news of settlement!!

Your colour palate is sensational, going to look gorgeous. Love the idea for the island bench

Thanks heaps Charli
Caydenn
Thanks so much for all the positive words about our selections everyone, it's awesome to have people to share the excitement with.

We have our electrical's this Wednesday and then it's just a waiting game for Council approval and all the variations to be done from our selections!

Once you are out of council things will happen fast. The worst is almost over. Our build has happened so fast I fee like I haven't had time to get my head around it all and haven't had time to enjoy the process. Oh what a problem to have lol! I am really excited for you. I can feel your excitement coming through your words
It is contagious!
Tamara1975
Caydenn

Once you are out of council things will happen fast. The worst is almost over. Our build has happened so fast I fee like I haven't had time to get my head around it all and haven't had time to enjoy the process. Oh what a problem to have lol! I am really excited for you. I can feel your excitement coming through your words
It is contagious!

Thanks Tamara it's hard to keep it contained lol! Reading your thread now, looks fantastic!!
Hi there,

I am wondering if I can join you guys. We are building the Noosa 23 at Old Bar (near Taree/Forster) we had our tile/colour appointment last Thursday and have our electrical on the 31st. Our plans are currently with the Certifier.. we were hoping to be in by Christmas but we're delayed by coral with the paperwork 🙄 So hoping to have plans into Council asap. Our land is registered and settled so just waiting on build to start.
Nicolle
Hi there,

I am wondering if I can join you guys. We are building the Noosa 23 at Old Bar (near Taree/Forster) we had our tile/colour appointment last Thursday and have our electrical on the 31st. Our plans are currently with the Certifier.. we were hoping to be in by Christmas but we're delayed by coral with the paperwork 🙄 So hoping to have plans into Council asap. Our land is registered and settled so just waiting on build to start.

Another Noosa 23 builder!!

You should definitely start your own build thread so we can all follow along your progress
! Sounds like you are quite far along already.

Would love to see some of your choices too! Let me know if you start a thread, I'll be sure to follow.
Are Coral submitting your plans to private certifier or council before all your selection variations come back? Or what have they said is the process / timeline expectation?
StephLee
Are Coral submitting your plans to private certifier or council before all your selection variations come back? Or what have they said is the process / timeline expectation?

Yup! We had a call from Lisa, who is now our Pre-Site customer service agent. Saying everything has already begun towards approval, she said there was a couple of things they still needed, mainly just covenant approval (Already done or submitted at least I believe), engineering approval for the retaining walls which they are organising and some other small pieces which we have provided.

Lisa said to us with how organised we are and how much has already been done she is confidently expecting us to be pouring a slab within 8 weeks
!
Caydenn
StephLee

Yup! We had a call from Lisa, who is now our Pre-Site customer service agent. Our everything has already begun towards approval, she said there was a couple of things they still needed, mainly just covenant approval (Already done or submitted at least I believe), engineering approval for the retaining walls which they are organising and some other small pieces which we have provided.

Lisa said to us with how organised we are and how much has already been done she is confidently expecting us to be pouring a slab within 8 weeks
!

Whaaaaat! That's awesome - I am guessing we can't do that because our land hasn't registered or settled. I'm so excited for you guys
StephLee
Whaaaaat! That's awesome - I am guessing we can't do that because our land hasn't registered or settled. I'm so excited for you guys

Thanks Stef! Counting down to seeing you two start too
!

The DAY your land settles get your conveyancer to give you proof of settlement, ours just wrote a little one pager confirming it's settled and that we now own it and the transfer process has begun. Once Coral have proof of land ownership they can get everything to the private certifier that day.

Once the private certifier has it you are looking at 2-3 weeks for them to sign off and then it's no more than a week in council as they just organise the paperwork, the hard yards have already been done by the Private Cert.
Caydenn
StephLee

Thanks Stef! Counting down to seeing you two start too
!

The DAY your land settles get your conveyancer to give you proof of settlement, our just wrote a little one pager confirming it's settled and our now and that the transfer process has begun. Once Coral have proof of land ownership they can get everything to the private certifier that day.

Once the private certifier has it you are looking at 2-3 weeks for them to sign off and then it's no more than a week in council as they just organise the paperwork, the hard yards have already been done by the Private Cert.

Oh yep good advice, thank you! How about the letter of commencement from the bank? Do you request that from the bank day of settlement? I have heard it can take them 5 business days to get it back to you
StephLee
Oh yep good advice, thank you! How about the letter of commencement from the bank? Do you request that from the bank day of settlement? I have heard it can take them 5 business days to get it back to you

Well I believe for our bank they won't provide that until you have COUNCIL APPROVED plans. So once we get those back in hopefully late September we just request that from the bank and they should get that back to us in a week (Our broker is really good though so I suspect he will get this done quicker for us). And then once you receive that and give it to Coral you are looking at a start date within 5-10 days of them receiving that paper work!

Then the real fun begins
Caydenn
StephLee
/quote]
Well I believe for our bank they won't provide that until you have COUNCIL APPROVED plans. So once we get those back in hopefully late September we just request that from the bank and they should get that back to us in a week (Our broker is really good though so I suspect he will get this done quicker for us). And then once you receive that and give it to Coral you are looking at a start date within 5-10 days of them receiving that paper work!

Then the real fun begins

Hahah I think that's right, I got mixed up
So do you guys have an estimated finish date? And do you have a plan for your electrical appointment? We went in planning to supply downlights to save money but ended up using theirs, whoooops.
Sure do! I whipped this up on Visio using our plans

Also did one for electrical powerpoints and other electrical items.

The circles with arrows are down lights, the infinity symbols are fans and the hourglass looking symbols are outdoor lights!

It is missing lights in the Garage and Pendants as we are paying the sparky on site to do these.

No estimated finish date, they reckon 12-14 week build time but we will see. Houses in this estate by Coral have been lightning fast so holding thumbs.
Caydenn
Sure do! I whipped this up on Visio using our plans

Also did one for electrical powerpoints and other electrical items.

The circles with arrows are down lights, the infinity symbols are fans and the hourglass looking symbols are outdoor lights!

It is missing lights in the Garage and Pendants as we are paying the sparky on site to do these.

No estimated finish date, they reckon 12-14 week build time but we will see. Houses in this estate by Coral have been lightning fast so holding thumbs.

Looks good! Are you getting Clipsal to supply downlights?

We got a sensor on our garage eave light and are so glad we did, its going to be super handy when we pull in, we might even upgrade to 3 lights in the future if they can wire off the one

Oh and outdoor lights, get them wired from the eaves not the wall if possible for better visibility, especially if there is a downpipe near by the light will be blocked.

By the way.. I thought we had a cooling off period of 3 days to finalise our electrical but they make you sign off on the day!
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum