Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 23 - Ormeau Hills: Life after handover

Page 1 of 29
Tile Selections - Page 5
Colour Selections - Page 6
Electrical Plans - Page 8

Build Start - Page 12

Hey all!

Myself and my partner (Nicole) have taken the jump to build our first home and we have decided to go with the coral noosa 23 design in Ormeau Hills. Tomorrow we are going to put down our holding deposit on the land and we are going to have our appointment to get our building contracts under way. We are still waiting for our conditional finance approval to come through but our broker is very confident we will get the approval we need!

Cannot wait to get everything started and the journey ahead
If anyone has some advice or tips PLEASE share as we are going in with no experience in building before. Build upgrades and changes:

Noosa 23 Designer Inclusions
Raised Ceilings ($1750)
Upgraded bathrooms to Elegance ($3999)
Kitchen Upgrades to elegance and appliance upgrades ($1999)
Full house tiling and carpet ($2999)
Street Appeal Upgrade ($499)

Removed builder supplied driveway (-$7500)
Removed builder fencing (-$2500)
Remove builder turf supplies (-$1300)
Remove builder letter box (-$250)
Remove builder supplied alfresco slab (-$1820)

Modify front room to be study.
Extend media room to provide more space.
Remove Builder supplied WIR fit out to do our own Ikea PAX.
Added full glass door to Laundry,
Added sliding door to dining room area.

We are also going to be doing only the items that are extremely difficult/expensive to do post handover in our electrical appointment, so things like lights on the front pillars, internal powerpoints and 413QC connections in the roof for us to do after handover and we will supply all pendants and fans and pay the sparky onsite.Here are our plans and our land!!!

Building timeline:
Start Date - 3rd November
Retaining wall - 7th/8th November
Site Scrape - 11th November
Piers - 14th November
Plumbing - 16th November
Slab Prep - 20th November
Slab Pour - 21st November
Back Blade - 22nd November
Temp Fencing - 23rd November
Frame Delivery - 27th November
Frame Start - 28th November
Frame Completion - 1st December
Gutters and Fascia - 2nd December
Gutters and Fascia Completed - 4th December.
Roof Start - 6th December
Roof pointing - 11th December
House wrap, doors and windows - 11th December
Rough ins - 12th December
Bricks start - 14th December
Bricks finished - 27th December
Eaves start - 15th January
Eaves Complete - 16th January
Architraves, Skirting and internal doors - 16th January
Signed our land contract today
going to be an interesting few weeks till settlement as finance won't go unconditional until the land is registered and land wants finance approval in 3 weeks with the land only due to register in 4. Getting a conveyancer arranged tomorrow to help with contract extensions as we are going to need the help

Woo! Congrats guys, can't wait to follow along with your build ☺ my partner and I also liked the Noosa but the Manhattan was better suited for us with the middle Alfresco so our dogs can feel included
by the way.. we went to the Coral colour selection show room today and I took heaps of photos so il post them on my forum if you guys want to check out options!

Caydenn
Signed our land contract today
going to be an interesting few weeks till settlement as finance won't go unconditional until the land is registered and land wants finance approval in 3 weeks with the land only due to register in 4. Getting a conveyancer arranged tomorrow to help with contract extensions as we are going to need the help

By the way.. our land is with Stocklands as well and we had atleast 4 extensions on our finance clause since signing in February - our finance clause ends currently on 23rd of June so don't stress too much.. we wanted to have our build contract sorted before finalising finance - they should extend it if you get your solicitor to ask and keep your sales consultant in the loop

Awesome, thanks so much for that, super helpful
We weren't going to get a conveyancer but with these new added complexeties we have decided it's probably well worth the money and there is a conveyancing company doing an amazing deal for Ormeau Ridge land buyers so we are jumping on that
Caydenn
Awesome, thanks so much for that, super helpful
We weren't going to get a conveyancer but with these new added complexeties we have decided it's probably well worth the money and there is a conveyancing company doing an amazing deal for Ormeau Ridge land buyers so we are jumping on that

Yeah I think it's a good idea, especially when it comes to settlement. I ask my conveyancer so many questions because I don't understand the process! Definitely jump on that deal ☺

Can't wait for your build to start
Ormeau ridge is such a beautiful place to live. I remember when we were waiting for our loan to go unconditional because of the land delays / registration
sucks waiting for it! Do you and Nicole live close to Ormeau ? You'll be up here every night checking on your bit of lbs hehe!

Do you have any fur babies ? The park in our estate is awesome!

We cant wait either! 😀😀 So you feel our pain!! Did your bank not let you guys go full unconditional until the land was registered?

We don't have fur babies yet but they are priority one when the house is built 🙈🐶
Caydenn
We cant wait either!
So you feel our pain!! Did your bank not let you guys go full unconditional until the land was registered?

We don't have fur babies yet but they are priority one when the house is built

Nah I don't think they did , it was stressful but all worked out

Ohh yes!! What kind of baby are you looking at getting

We love pugs hahaha thinking of getting 1 each
Congrats guys!! How exciting! We are building on with Coral on an acreage in New Beith and started last Monday. Can't wait to see your progress! The admin/approval stage is long and painful but Coral's builds are fast. Be prepared for some frustration and intolerance. It is all worth it in the end!!
Thanks so much for all the encouragement!! We had a little win today and found that Coral had included $7500 allowance for a BAL 12.5 rating and our block came back with no BAL required so we are putting all of that amount towards Electrical and Mychoice upgrades meaning we can start building straight away and not have to save for a couple extra months
!
Caydenn
Thanks so much for all the encouragement!! We had a little win today and found that Coral had included $7500 allowance for a BAL 12.5 rating and our block came back with no BAL required so we are putting all of that amount towards Electrical and Mychoice upgrades meaning we can start building straight away and not have to save for a couple extra months
!

Woo that's awesome news! Ours has BAL

Just got the call..... CONDITIONALLY APPROVED!!!!!!!!! We did it
Speechless at the moment just can't believe our dreams are becoming a reality... Just need building contracts now and land registration and we are good!!!
WOOOOO! CONGRATS GUYS!
StephLee
WOOOOO! CONGRATS GUYS!

I thought I'd let you know by the way! Our lender has said that if stock can provide a letter assuring the land will be registered within 90 days that will satisfy them.

May be worth trying for you guys
Caydenn
StephLee
WOOOOO! CONGRATS GUYS!

I thought I'd let you know by the way! Our lender has said that if stock can provide a letter assuring the land will be registered within 90 days that will satisfy them.

May be worth trying for you guys

Oh yes, we got full approval today as well (I let our broker and solicitor handle it haha) I just didn't want to steal your moment
WOOOOOOO!
StephLee
Oh yes, we got full approval today as well (I let our broker and solicitor handle it haha) I just didn't want to steal your moment
WOOOOOOO!

:O Amazing!!! That's incredible congratulations! Enjoy your celebrations tonight
Oh yay!! Congrats to you!!
Yay !!!!! Congrats to you both
any news on when land registers

Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum