Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Vantage 38 QLD

Page 3 of 4
Mt.view

Speaking to our SM she said that won't be moving in before Xmas, it was more likely to be at the start of Feb.

That would great since our contract states mid May.

Happy to share my provincial facade out once it's done to for you to make a decision on yours. Lol

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
HI Mt. View,

Did you happen to avail the luxury promo? What was included in the same? I am looking to get into a contract with Metricon but torn between the Cube, Verve and Provincial facade. Any heads-up on the cost as well would be helpful for comparative purposes.

Thanks,
Maddy
Long over due update. Our previous customer adviser was hopeless who took 3 weeks to reply an email... The new adviser is a breath of fresh air. So pleased to see the build can now move forward properly.

Got the 3D modelling done. And color selection will be in 2 days. Excited but also worried about the bill after the excitement. LOL

For Color selection. We are going with this type of stone for the kitchen bench and concrete floor.

And cabinetry.

Exterior color scheme
Wife insisted on this wine cellar. Seems an easy job after handover. What a brilliant idea!
Mt.view
Wife insisted on this wine cellar. Seems an easy job after handover. What a brilliant idea!

Mate, that’s exactly what we want to do in our place. Have you started looking into prices yet?

Renman
Mt.view

Mate, there exactly what we want to do in our place. Have you started looking into prices yet?

Asked for a quote on glass from a shower screen company. Told would be around 2.5k-3.5k.
That’s pretty good. You would need to have some sort of cooling device in there as well.

Here’s one that is nice too.

Nice selections there Mt View! Looking forward to seeing more and watching your build progress

Awesome! Glad to see things moving long. Can't wait to see more progress! You better invite me over to check your house once you start building!

Hopefully I'll have a house warming soon, i'll make sure you extend you an invite =)
dulie
Awesome! Glad to see things moving long. Can't wait to see more progress! You better invite me over to check your house once you start building!

Hopefully I'll have a house warming soon, i'll make sure you extend you an invite =)

Haha D, you will be on our inspection and future improvements panel
Sounds interesting!
Mt.view
Long over due update. Our previous customer adviser was hopeless who took 3 weeks to reply an email... The new adviser is a breath of fresh air. So pleased to see the build can now move forward properly.

Got the 3D modelling done. And color selection will be in 2 days. Excited but also worried about the bill after the excitement. LOL

For Color selection. We are going with this type of stone for the kitchen bench and concrete floor.

And cabinetry.

Exterior color scheme

Does Metricon provide 3D models? That's great.
Jordann
Mt.view

And cabinetry.

Exterior color scheme

Does Metricon provide 3D models? That's great.

Hi Jordann

Thanks. the 3D model was done by on our side not M. tho M does have some soft of 3D modelling but only a rough exterior model.
Why did you do a 3D model? Did you not have a display of this design for you to inspect?

Renman
Why did you do a 3D model? Did you not have a display of this design for you to inspect?

Indeed there is no display for us to vist. While... yes but we have made too many structure changes plus the 3D modelling isnt too expensive and it does help my almond sized brain to comprehend the desigen.
Good luck at studio M today!
lilbza
Mt.view
lilbza
Without a doubt, go the provincial facade. We were going to build either the Hampshire 45 or Allure 48 with the Provincial facade but we are now going with Porter Davis to build their Hamptons facade home. I think our facade is adding approx. $21,000 to our build.

The exterior of the house is as much a selling point for the house as the internal. Whenever I drive through new building developments, I don't even look twice at contemporary style homes, because in my opinion, they all look the same, and in 10 years time, they just look dated.

The external of the house is also harder to change down the track. If you went cheaper fixings and fewer upgrades internally to stay within your budget, you could upgrade these things 5-10 years down the track if you wanted to.

I know you're building in an already established area, but a house like that with the provincial facade is the type of home people will stop and look twice. The money spent on it now will pay it's dividends if you ever decide to sell because it will stand out among the rest and will be timeless for years to come.

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure there will be many that will disagree with me, but each to their own.

Thx lilbza. Appreciate the input if money was not the issue we would go with both without a doubt. You have some really good points.
btw was there any reason you went with PD instead of M?

No worries. There were a few things, first being we just loved the hamptons style facade which incorporated timber cladding, and seeing as we are building by the water, we thought it would fit in perfectly. Secondly, we were after a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom house, and the designs we were looking at with metricon didn't offer that unless structural changes were made. Thirdly, we just loved the floor plan of the Porter Davis home.

I should add, I have built a house with Metricon about 7 years ago and I couldn't fault them, they were great. Goodluck with your build, it's going to look great.

Sorry to hijack - Iilbza, do you have your own thread or blog going?

Which design did you decide on? We are currently in the process of looking at builders and after our first weekend display, we had come down to Metricon, PD and Aston Milan.

Cheers.
dulie

Cheers mate.

Just got back from tile and electrical selection with some relief. Electrical isn`t too bad ended up on $12k mark in which $5k was already provisioned. Big spending was on LED downstairs for $4k. Surprisingly, LEDs are now only $106 each instead of $117.

But tiles is going to cost legs and arms for me...
Mt.view
dulie

Cheers mate.

Just got back from tile and electrical selection with some relief. Electrical isn`t too bad ended up on $12k mark in which $5k was already provisioned. Big spending was on LED downstairs for $4k. Surprisingly, LEDs are now only $106 each instead of $117.

But tiles is going to cost legs and arms for me...

Well done.

In Melbourne the LEDs has gone up in price.

Yeah tiles with M such a killer!
Related
2/04/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

Your best bet might be to go visit the display homes and walk around in them, and take photos. Get a feel for it in person instead of deciding from the floor plan. There…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum