Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Doing it Again! Our second Mt Barker Build

Page 2 of 2
JM1911A1
Who are you using for landscaping and retaining? How's your experiencing going with them??

Hey JM we are using Holtan Building and Maintenance
I got a few prices on our big walls and he was very well priced and local too (Really wanted to use some local but actually struggled to find people / well priced etc)

He isn't the easiest to get hold of etc but only because he is busy and working all through the day everyday I think we will be worth it he has a FB page etc with his work and it all looks great - I will pop some pictures up when he starts he seems very happy to help out and give advice etc too
Definitely worth a quote and chat to

He actually saved us what could have been a big set back potentially - had a gut feeling about our boundary that needs a wall on so did some test digs and found the neighbours plumber had run a load of pipes all up our boundary so luckily he checked so I could organise for her to get them moved in time for him to start!
Sounds like someone we should definitely speak to then in our quote hunting!

Will definitely be looking out for those pictures when he is started. We're not expecting a lot of groundwork/retaining, but definitely need to know/get some ideas
JM1911A1
Sounds like someone we should definitely speak to then in our quote hunting!

Will definitely be looking out for those pictures when he is started. We're not expecting a lot of groundwork/retaining, but definitely need to know/get some ideas

Yes he doesn't just do retaining etc either does the whole lot I'm pretty sure he offers some sort of landscaping package but he can do stormwater, concrete, walls etc, decking a lot easier then having multiple people trying to work around each other!

Bought two of these pendants to go in our hallway - we've got a 3m vaulted ceiling and was dying to find a "wow" light so hoping 2 of these pendants hung like this will do they job!!!

Kitchen Pendants with the same vintage globes

Boundary retaining

Area where we were planning on decking but the landscaper did such an amazing job and literally doubled the side of the entertaining area we thought we'd have by adding rises on the septic instead of being at the lower ground level so we're now leaning towards maybe paving it all!

Driveway retaining

Poor dirty slab

We've extended the rock wall to go about another 5m to the end of the house

We are so stoked with what Holtan did for us we were so rushed trying to get it done before the frame I have no idea how but appears he's got into my mind and given us a back area exactly how we wanted but better!
Write reply...
Hi Davelle

We followed your build last time, it's really exciting to see you on here again with a new place underway. We've just started looking to build again too, funny that it's worked out around the same kind of timeframe haha.

Your selections look great - very similar to the look we're going to be going for as well.

Excited to keep up with this one!
kaykens
Hi Davelle

We followed your build last time, it's really exciting to see you on here again with a new place underway. We've just started looking to build again too, funny that it's worked out around the same kind of timeframe haha.

Your selections look great - very similar to the look we're going to be going for as well.

Excited to keep up with this one!

Hey Kaykens!!! Yes I remember you built with sterling didn't you? testing my memory now haha
Where are you thinking of building again?? how exciting and hows the timing haha we're in sync
Yep we built with Sterling last time! Great memory!

We've just started the process for a block of land in Orleana Waters. Kenny's work is keeping us located North and they have some good rebate deals on land before EOFY. Currently looking at building with Simonds but now we aren't sure if we can afford the design we wanted - land cost us a bit more than expected
Hey guys, any updates?
Haha yes! I've been trying to upload pics for the last week but this stupid thing keeps telling me there's too many characters to post but I'm only trying to post an image
tried resizing it smaller too

Excellent! I hope it's all been running smoothly for you guys!
Yes not too bad considering the weather etc we've had and having to get all our landscaping done before the frame went in slowed us down a little too but once that roof is on I think we will feel much better because then obviously they can power on!

I really need to get more motivation up with this forum this time around last time seemed like we had such a little community going on! haha so I've been a bit slack on this one
davelle19 How is it all going?
Related
27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum