Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast

Page 43 of 44
Thanks guys!
It was 15 weeks and 3 days... from site scrape to keys - and that includes Easter! Gotta be happy with that!

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
Thanks guys!
It was 15 weeks and 3 days... from site scrape to keys - and that includes Easter! Gotta be happy with that!

- B

Thats great! A lady I used to work with built with hallmark and it was about 12-13weeks or so, insane!!
Yay!! What a journey it’s been for you. Good luck with the move, it’s such an amazing feeling spending that first night in the house you’ve just built. Such an achievement 😁
Congratulations
My carpets went in today! Hard to get a good pic, but I love them!

- B

Bridgetwitch
So my mum went for a sticky beak at the house, and apparently our kitchen benchtops have been installed and the kitchen sink. We also have our appliances in the garage waiting to be put in. We will visit in the next few days and peer through windows!

Just a question for anyone who had a private inspector for PCI - did they go through BEFORE your PCI meeting, or AT your actual meeting? We got two quotes - AllInspect for $400, or Queensland Building Inspections for $350. Who do I choose?!?!

- B

Hi BW, its been awhile
congrats on your new bub and your house!

Carpets look awesome! Congrats on getting the keys 🔑😄
Sorry I missed all the action! Congratulations on your new home!!
Sorry it’s been a while since I posted - lots happening and no time!
We are still living in the land of boxes, and trying to get our driveway etc. organised. Our cooktop won’t work, which is really frustrating. Have to wait until next week for a technician to visit.
I will post some move in pics when I get a chance, and try to catch up on everyone’s builds!

- B

Carpet is looking very lush
how is everything going now? Your cook top fixed? Boys settling in? I hope you got your driveway sorted too

Sorry I’ve been MIA... just so busy!
We got a new cooktop installed (after three weeks without one!). Still dealing with the aftermath from the friggin real estate, so waiting for bond refund - hence still no driveway. Hope to make some progress on the finance front this week though, and get the drive sorted ASAP.
Slowly mowing through the garage of boxes and feeling more settled every day... I’ll post some pics soon.

- B

Just a teaser... still need flooring, blinds and a pendant light (and to put my mirror on the wall!), but the dining room is taking shape!

- B

Love the wall paint colour. What colour was that. We have the painters starting this week so I hope I have gotten my colours right.
icat2000
Love the wall paint colour. What colour was that. We have the painters starting this week so I hope I have gotten my colours right.

Paint colour is Salinger. I was worried it would be too dark when I chose it, but it’s not and I love it. The white architraves really break it up.

- B

Same as us! Its such a good colour!
Bridgetwitch
Like seriously.... wtf is this?!?!
Another quality build by Hallmark Homes!

- B

Were you happy with your home in the end? We’re looking at building with Hallmark but reviews are hard to come by!
Charle
Bridgetwitch
Like seriously.... wtf is this?!?!
Another quality build by Hallmark Homes!

- B

Were you happy with your home in the end? We’re looking at building with Hallmark but reviews are hard to come by!

Hi Charle!
I think there are good and bad points to every builder. I do love our house, but there are a few things that erk me. No consistency as to where light, and power points were positioned (never thought I would have to spell it out for the electrician!), paint splatters all over my tiles and exceptionally bad brickwork. Good points - they didn’t charge us for waiting months for land to be ready after contract signing. Super fast build of 15 weeks from site scrape to keys.

Would I build with them again.... probably not! But like I said good and bad with every builder and a huge difference between each build with the same builder. It’s a hard decision, so good luck!

Finally got my ensuite chandelier for over my vanity! Photos don’t do it justice.

Love the floating vanity. So good for storage, wish I thought of that!
One thing I regret from my build is not doing any feature lighting in bathrooms and ensuite. We just getting downlights. Oh well.
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum