Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast

Page 3 of 44
Silly us think it's our home aye

Bridgetwitch
So we can't delete the mirrors or the wall paint to the ensuite and bathroom - you would think this could just be done as it's leaving stuff out not adding things in! Why do volume builders have to be so f*cking unreasonable?!?!? Aarrggg

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Should be able to be organised during construction. Just too fiddly for them I suppose in the paperwork. We had to address a lot during construction and make changes to what the paperwork showed. Unfortunately they just won't credit you

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
dougang287
Silly us think it's our home aye

My feeling exactly!

- B

MrsJM
Bridgetwitch
So we can't delete the mirrors or the wall paint to the ensuite and bathroom - you would think this could just be done as it's leaving stuff out not adding things in! Why do volume builders have to be so f*cking unreasonable?!?!? Aarrggg

- B

Should be able to be organised during construction. Just too fiddly for them I suppose in the paperwork. We had to address a lot during construction and make changes to what the paperwork showed. Unfortunately they just won't credit you

I think there will be quite a few things to address during the build Mrs.

As hubby is a tiler, we thought we would just finish the tiling to the ceiling straight away. My SC said he can't delete paint in individual rooms.... just the whole house!!!... and could not delete the mirrors at all! So they won't let me have the mirrors I want, and I can't have the ones they provide removed - um ok?!? Is this my house?!?

They really don't like you modifying what they dictate you should have, unless you agree to pay their ridiculous prices for them to do it of course!

Oh well, not the end of the world... just annoying!

I guess it means I am not putting too many demands on hubby as soon as we get keys though - poor guys list is ever growing!

- B

That's very frustrating BW, the one thing you might need to question is the bank, if mirrors are in your contract and form apart of your build and they aren't installed at PCI your bank doing the inspection might kick up a stink and refuse to release the final cheque for settlement. They are very particular at making sure you get what you pay for.

My god your lucky to have a tiling hubby!! If they do install the mirrors just rip them off and fix up the plaster and tile over it. Might be easier than trying to fight hallmark.

Btw I'm liking your dark and moody colour scheme too, looks great.

Any news with your land progress?

I supplied my own ensuite mirrors and had installation by the builder in the tender. They probably didn't credit me as much as they should have but they never do. If your preference is to have your own installed and you're ok with not getting a credit , talk to your Supervisor during the build and they should help you out. What type of mirror do you want? Be aware some of the frames mirrors aren't as simple to install as gluing and propping up like the stock standard mirrors. Mine had to have timber drilled into to tiles to sit on because the frame at the back jutted out and there wasn't enough surface on the frame alone to glue it. Make a list of demands like I did before signing. Told them to make it happen or I was walking. And they all got incorporated. A lot of the time it's simply
Laziness

Thanks Tribe.... I never even considered the bank! 🤡
I'll just let Hallmark do their thing and fix it later! I'm lucky to have a tradie hubby - he worked with stone for years too so he will extend our island bench and take care of main flooring and our deck! I think I'm scaring him a little with all my "extras"! Haha
We just had our land contract extended for another 60 days, so hopefully we won't have to do it again! Lots of work going on in the estate, but still no pegs for us.
Hallmark contract due any day now - and pre approval with the new bank being finalised.
I'm just so sick of waiting for something to happen!!! Have been getting samples of everything though, so should have a pretty clear idea of what I want before colours. Hubby thinks I'm nuts!!!

- B

We too are building with hallmark. Up to frame stage and so far so good. If you need to compare anything send me a msg
MissLucky
We too are building with hallmark. Up to frame stage and so far so good. If you need to compare anything send me a msg

Yay.... another Hallmark builder!!! So happy to hear from you Miss Lucky - do you have a thread I can follow?

- B

Thinking of starting one instead of stalking everyone elses..lol. But no not yet 😊
I love samples and swatches! I have swatches for colorbond and paint (waiting for laminex), and I have samples of flooring, carpet, blinds and now bricks!!! I just need tile samples and I will have everything I need to make my own colour boards!!!

The things you do whilst waiting for your build to start!!!::wink::
MissLucky
Thinking of starting one instead of stalking everyone elses..lol. But no not yet

I would love to follow your journey Miss Lucky - there aren't any current Hallmark builds on the forum (that I could find!)

Where abouts are you building and what home design did you choose?

- B

Started a post on our build if your interested?
Bridgetwitch
Thanks Tribe.... I never even considered the bank! 🤡
I'll just let Hallmark do their thing and fix it later! I'm lucky to have a tradie hubby - he worked with stone for years too so he will extend our island bench and take care of main flooring and our deck! I think I'm scaring him a little with all my "extras"! Haha
We just had our land contract extended for another 60 days, so hopefully we won't have to do it again! Lots of work going on in the estate, but still no pegs for us.
Hallmark contract due any day now - and pre approval with the new bank being finalised.
I'm just so sick of waiting for something to happen!!! Have been getting samples of everything though, so should have a pretty clear idea of what I want before colours. Hubby thinks I'm nuts!!!

- B

Sorry for the delay,

Yes the bank is the tricky one, it's a wise move to fix it later or remove completely from contract.

God damn your lucky with your hubby. I have to admit when the stone boys from Willis Bros came to do some jobs for me the photos they showed me of there kitchens were amazing. Your going to be one lucky lady when hubby has finished your kitchen and all his extra jobs

Sounds like your land is getting there, hopefully you don't need to extend again.

Ohhhhh any news from hallmark yet?

Hehhehe yes I have a samples bag to rival any selections studio
. It so handy though I've used it a lot lately.

Hi Tribe!

Was hoping for contracts this week, but seems HO pushed them back a week thanks to Easter.

Should get them next week though.
I'm a bit worried our land won't register in July as promised.... they still have so much work to do up there! Time will tell I guess, but I'm so impatient already - and sick to death of paying rent!

- B

Fingers crossed it's next week
Following and sending posi vibes for land rego by July!! (it's my birthday month.. so has to be good luck for something!)
God rent! Tell me about it! Even worse when it's rent and mortgage and our bank has us on principal and interest - b&sterds!

dougang287
God rent! Tell me about it! Even worse when it's rent and mortgage and our bank has us on principal and interest - b&sterds!

Is that just for your land loan Dougang? Or are they charging you principal and interest on your construction loan?

A hard word to your bank might needed no way should they be putting so much pressure on you

Tribe7
dougang287

Is that just for your land loan Dougang? Or are they charging you principal and interest on your construction loan?

A hard word to your bank might needed no way should they be putting so much pressure on you

I agree.... you shouldn't have to pay principle and interest as well as rent Dougang.

- B

Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum