Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast

Page 20 of 44
OMG! Good luck with your major headache, BW!!

total example of the scary consequences of 'due diligence' when buying property eh!! I would have cried if we got caught out by that once we settled on our land. Probably similar to Dawn's light pole in the middle of her frontage.

As Tribe has said.. hopefully the cover is traffickable.. it means you won't need to move your house (or worse... pick a new design!) And yes the driveway could go over the manhole...

Fingers crossed you get to a solution that will work for you guys!
So, I have had a response from The Gold Coast Water/Waste Assets Conflicts Office, who have advised that when I lodge my VXO application, they will then assess if the sewer manhole is trafficable. Obviously they don't expect it to be a problem?!?!?

I have also been to our block with a tape measure, and if we move our driveway over to run parallel to the left side of the garage (as opposed to the centre) then we should bypass the manhole by around 600mm. Although this doesn't quite fit with council requirements of a vehicular crossing being at least 1m away from any civil infrastructure - I do believe I will be able to gain approval. Yay (I hope!)

I just want to get this build started already!!! Apparently council is being slow because someone in registrations is on leave or sone bullsh*t.... have they never though of temporary staff?!?! Wank*rs!!!

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
So, I have had a response from The Gold Coast Water/Waste Assets Conflicts Office, who have advised that when I lodge my VXO application, they will then assess if the sewer manhole is trafficable. Obviously they don't expect it to be a problem?!?!?

I have also been to our block with a tape measure, and if we move our driveway over to run parallel to the left side of the garage (as opposed to the centre) then we should bypass the manhole by around 600mm. Although this doesn't quite fit with council requirements of a vehicular crossing being at least 1m away from any civil infrastructure - I do believe I will be able to gain approval. Yay (I hope!)

I just want to get this build started already!!! Apparently council is being slow because someone in registrations is on leave or sone bullsh*t.... have they never though of temporary staff?!?! Wank*rs!!!

- B

That is poor form... how long is leave!? They better have a temp come in...
ruraldoc
Bridgetwitch

- B

I know.... but I've become accustomed to our developer always having some sort of bullsh*t excuse! They must think they are dealing with mushrooms!

- B

Oh that's great that it may all work out 🤞 fingers crossed for you

Bridgetwitch
ruraldoc
Bridgetwitch

- B

I know.... but I've become accustomed to our developer always having some sort of bullsh*t excuse! They must think they are dealing with mushrooms!

- B

Hi I just caught up with your build, just wanted to give you some reassurance on your driveway issue. We had to swivel ours as a council request to go around the sewer grate with 1m distance (lodged in July) as the grate was in the way of the driveway by 500mm. My parent's have a sewer grate in their driveway as do a number of homes in our estate, but the only concern (and it's a rarity) is if they dig up the sewer they will dig up the driveway too. However, there is the highest possibility council can approve your driveway with no issues to go over the sewer, exposing it as part of the driveway. Hope this is reassuring, look forward to the build, love your style.
Hudson House
Bridgetwitch
ruraldoc
[quote="Bridgetwitch"]So, I have had a response from The Gold Coast Water/Waste Assets Conflicts Office, who have advised that when I lodge my VXO application, they will then assess if the sewer manhole is trafficable. Obviously they don't expect it to be a problem?!?!?

- B

- B

Hi I just caught up with your build, just wanted to give you some reassurance on your driveway issue. We had to swivel ours as a council request to go around the sewer grate with 1m distance (lodged in July) as the grate was in the way of the driveway by 500mm. My parent's have a sewer grate in their driveway as do a number of homes in our estate, but the only concern (and it's a rarity) is if they dig up the sewer they will dig up the driveway too. However, there is the highest possibility council can approve your driveway with no issues to go over the sewer, exposing it as part of the driveway. Hope this is reassuring, look forward to the build, love your style.[/quote]

Thank you Hudson House, that is reassuring. I'm a stickler for balance, but have resigned myself to the fact we will have a skewed drive!

Now if land would just register.... I really want this build to start already!

- B

Me too! Let's get this party started!
Hello my awesome H1 friends!

Just received my plans from engineering, and it looks to me as if my house is going to be riddled with articulation joints!? Is it normal to have this many (17) ??? I'm a little concerned - our soil type is H1. Any advice would be appreciated!

Not an expert but had a good read of the engineering concepts behind it. Essentially they help to prevent your bricks from collapsing/ cracking. So I'm guessing with a H1 class soil type so more the better! I'm sure they have to factor in your house shape, the slope and fill, the size of the house too. Let's hope the engineers got it right!
ruraldoc
Not an expert but had a good read of the engineering concepts behind it. Essentially they help to prevent your bricks from collapsing/ cracking. So I'm guessing with a H1 class soil type so more the better! I'm sure they have to factor in your house shape, the slope and fill, the size of the house too. Let's hope the engineers got it right!

I hope so Rural! Hubby is not impressed with getting a waffle pod, but Hallmark have a 30 year structural guarantee so figure they know what they are doing! Just hope they do all the articulation nice and neat!

- B

Hope it works out too! Can't wait to see it all go up!
Hello lovelies!
Just got an email to say that our land FINALLY registered late Friday afternoon!!! Woohoo!!!
Hallmark already have our final plans with the certifier... they were just waiting on registration. Hopefully we will see some progress happen soon!!

- B

Congrats!! Hopefully settlement isn't too far away!
Woohoo!!! That’s so exciting congrats
🥂

Wooohooo!!!!

You be starting in no time. Congrats.
Wow what a nightmare you have been having

Congrats!
Yay! Onwards and upwards!
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum