Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast

Page 7 of 44
I'm with you and waiting for bloody developers.
We purchased our land in May 2016, being told it would be titled by July 2016.
Then it was pushed to October. Then 100% it would be ready by December.
Its now almost end of May 2017 and they might be finished with the last of construction by the end of the week.
It will still have to go to council and titles.
If we title by end of June, it will be a miracle.
How frustrating! Sorry to hear this. But can I say.... something will happen down the track- like you will find the perfect lounge or rug or coffee table or other amazing item.... and you will go 'I love this soooo much and has we have been three months ahead of where we are now, I wouldn't have seen it!'

Sounds cliche I know- but these little thoughts kept me semi-sane through our horror build

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Arrrggg.... I feel like all I do lately is winge - but I need to vent! Sorry in advance...

So apparently our pre approval hasn't actually come in yet (since changing lenders), so we can't hand in the signed contract. It's been six weeks since we put the application in!!!! What the hell is taking so long????

I'm also waiting on a phone call from my solicitor regarding the build contract - wonder what he has to advise?

I just feel like it's one step forward two steps back... seems like everyone I deal with likes to make this process as difficult as possible. - and I'm really sick of it!!!

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Ah, just caught up with your thread. Feel for you... frustrating to the bone!
Wow youve been gaving a hard time of it.
Shame about title delays...they always seem to take longer..mine went over by 10months...if it helps just think of the extra dollars you can save.
Hope it happens soon for you!!
Quick update.... pre approval with the new lender finally came through. Signed contracts, paid another $3k deposit... and (with uncanny timing!) met one of my new neighbours at the Hallmark display! I finally feel like I have made some progress!!!

- B

Wow what a joyride of emotions! Sounds like things are on the up now, fingers crossed it can keep going! And hopefully no more delays on the land title!
That's awesome news
congratulations

So sorry you've been through the wringer
I hope it's all behind you and you can move forward with only positive results

Congrats on your contract! Hope it was well worth the fight!
WOW found your thread last night and just finished reading your ups and downs. Oct is far away I really feel for you as this would drive me bonkers.... (i was always one of those kids that would poke and prod the xmas present until i worked it out all because i couldnt wait..actually i still do it 🙊) sounds like hallmark have also given you a bit of a run for your money and I just hope once your build starts it all goes smooth for you...I'll be watching 👀

Bridgetwitch
Quick update.... pre approval with the new lender finally came through. Signed contracts, paid another $3k deposit... and (with uncanny timing!) met one of my new neighbours at the Hallmark display! I finally feel like I have made some progress!!!

- B

Congrats BW. Now the clock starts ticking
Our piece of dirt is finally starting to take shape!! Ours is the one with the truck on it (dumping fill)! Yay!!

- B

So I just found out that half the stage has already had their finance approved - without pegs!!! So why the hell is our bank waiting for pegs when it is no longer a requirement for valuation???? *face palm*

Also, can anyone offer some advice on this stabilization issue?....

I am a bit concerned by this note on my plans... does it mean we have to pay for this if requested or they will do it if needed? What does this entail? And does it mean my house pad is higher or lower?
"Future stabilization of fill embankments by the owner, or if/when requested on site by site supervisor".
Please help!!

- B

Bought my first thing for the new house!!! This will be our entry pendant. Im going to paint the shades though - black or grey, or both! Lol

- B

Very nice
Bridgetwitch
So I just found out that half the stage has already had their finance approved - without pegs!!! So why the hell is our bank waiting for pegs when it is no longer a requirement for valuation???? *face palm*

Also, can anyone offer some advice on this stabilization issue?....

I am a bit concerned by this note on my plans... does it mean we have to pay for this if requested or they will do it if needed? What does this entail? And does it mean my house pad is higher or lower?
"Future stabilization of fill embankments by the owner, or if/when requested on site by site supervisor".
Please help!!

- B

I think it is referring to a retaining wall?? Ours had something similar on it but it said retaining not stabilising. We haven't paid for retaining walls with the builder so if it needs to be done later on than we have to do it.

Thanks fleabee, your right they are retaining walls. My SC said to not stress over the notes. Guess we will deal with it when it comes up... hopefully they will only need to be small retaining walls we can do ourselves! 🤞

- B

Bridgetwitch
How soon is too soon to buy pendant lights?! I think I have finally decided what I want for my kitchen and dining room - but should I wait until we've at least done colours?!? What do you guys think?

Three of these over island (kitchen will have smokey mirror glass splash back)...

Cluster over dining table...

- B

Hey Bridgetwitch nice pendant for your entrance. You have just reminded me to ask if you made a decision about these other pendants?
Bridgetwitch
Bought my first thing for the new house!!! This will be our entry pendant. Im going to paint the shades though - black or grey, or both! Lol

- B

Liking your pendant where did you find it?
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum