Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SETTLING IN - Valeco - Polished Concrete + Monochrome

Page 27 of 27
Ohh Congrats Stacey that is wonderful news to hear you are finally in your beautiful house. Can't wait to see some photo's.
gr8ly
yay! finally! i bet those walls look so good!

we have our electrical fitout this week. Really looking forward to seeing our feature lights installed.

Yasssss, can't wait for you to post some photos!

We bought our kitchen pendant lights and they are sitting in a box.... need to ask our sparky friend to install them.
Our house still isn't furnished, but thought I'd share this photo I took this afternoon of my devil's ivy. Need to purchase a pot for it!

that kitchen staceyrussell is perfection.
So, I bought myself a belated house warming gift.... Monstera! <3 Our living room is completely empty, but at least this corner looks pretty. Haha

these pics also display your amazing floors! i wish we went polished concrete now. Are you getting rugs?
Hi Stacey,

I'm also building with Valeco and we are nearing completion. We have our walk-thru for PC on Teusday. I was just wondeirng how long after your walk-thru did you get your keys
?
Eddielouise
Hi Stacey,

I'm also building with Valeco and we are nearing completion. We have our walk-thru for PC on Teusday. I was just wondeirng how long after your walk-thru did you get your keys
?

Hi!

Oh, how exciting!!
Congrats, did you have a good experience?

I think it was about 6 weeks for us... but that's because after our initial PCI our site supervisor changed (again) so there was just a big delay because I suppose nothing was really happening. I'm sure yours will be quicker, I think it's usually 2-3 weeks.
Hmm, the start was absolutely terrible, ran into so many issues with Valeco

They apparently didn't know that our house was under a covenant which ended up costing us a lot of extra money. Our plans had to be completely redone, the house moved higher up on the block and another soil test wasn't redone. So of course where the new plans were we hit rock and didn't have an allowance for rock cos the initial soil test stated no rock.

When the build started it was a lot better, the house went up quite quickly, council approval on the 29th May.
I'm hoping we will be in by the 26th Sept (2 weeks after walk-thru), SS told me about 10 days. As I did organise deliveries to the house on the 28th. Was hoping that wasn't too ambitious of me. Just wanting to hear about someone else experience with Valeco.
Are u happy with the polished concrete floor? High maintenance? We just paid a deposit with Valeco and an thinking abt polished concrete.
Related
2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum