Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SETTLING IN - Valeco - Polished Concrete + Monochrome

Page 11 of 27
Yep, before colours.

The way I see it, I was happy with the cost and still am (relatively) so I’m now just also going to be happy for the people who get it cheaper!
gr8ly
lucky you picked that up! what if you didnt say anything? did you end up paying the admin fee?

your land looks great! always surreal seeing it for the first time.

Just realised I didn't answer your other question - yes, we paid the admin fee.

It does apply to every item - at first Candice said the kitchen benchtops were one fee and the bathroom benchtops were another fee, but we questioned why given that they are both Caesarstone and therefor one purchase order and she agreed these could both be changed for the one admin fee.
bananarama
Yep, before colours.

The way I see it, I was happy with the cost and still am (relatively) so I’m now just also going to be happy for the people who get it cheaper!

Yeah, absolutely!

And if we ever build again in the future with Valeco, we'll make sure we have things changed at Colours rather than through Sales.
byron.gravenorst
Yep, it's you then. About 4-5 blocks from ours (on the right) . They started putting up the timber retaining wall on our property. Was not even aware of this.

Haha, I saw your block when I visited on Sunday!
bananarama
I wonder if we didn’t get charged the second admin fee for the recessing showers becuase we already had to pay extra for the slab engineering to be redrawn.

Hmmm, perhaps! How's it all going this week? When will you have more photos to share with us envious folk?
:x]
Tomorrow should have some photos of our stone on! We are meeting the tiler in the morning, and the stone should be going in this afternoon 😬
staceyrussell
SELECTIONS ON PAGE 3

My partner and I will be building our first home in Springfield Rise. Very excited!

We will be building our own custom house plan through Valeco Homes. We took our initial idea to them, have made tweaks along the way, and we're soon to sign contract which brings us to the Full Working Drawings stage. (The main reason we decided on Valeco was the flexibility to do custom house plans without a fuss). Valeco provide full turn key packages, which is great - they clearly outline everything that is included. If you want any extras they will then price this up for you.

Here is our house plan:

The standard inclusion, turnkey cost for our house plan is about $262,000.

The facade is something we're still unsure about. I think once the colours are changed to our liking (monochrome: blacks/greys/whites) it will be okay. Though I'm not sure if I like the cladding above the garage, I think it would be nicer as rendered brick.

We have already made a list of extras that we want and had these priced up which brings our overall total to about $318,000. These include:

• A promotion for Solar Power (we also have upgraded to a 5KW system), Solar Hot Water, Colorbond Roof and Daikin Ducted Air
  • Add on promo for MyAir (zone control for ducted air)
  • Add on promo for 2590mm ceiling height
  • Square set cornices
  • Polished concrete floor
  • 3x study nook laminate benchtops, 1x drawers for main
  • Wall Hung Double Vanity for ensuite
  • 1200mm wide kitchen island
  • Add on promo for 40mm caesarstone kitchen benchtops
  • Double undermount kitchen sink
  • Soft-close, handless kitchen cabinets
  • Our large sliding doors on both sides of alfresco, with recessed tracks
  • Cypress Pine portico and alfresco
  • Add on promo for 25 Optica 10W LED dimmable downlights
  • Recessed showers
  • 1x bath niche, 2x shower niches
  • niche above bedhead in main (no need for bedside tables)
  • Upgrading kitchen appliances TBC, hoping to have Bosch instead of Westinghouse including Induction cooktop
  • Plus some PC Sums for electrical etc.

We're hoping to have "polished concrete" floors throughout most of the house - but Valeco don't have a lot of experience with this, so it's a little scary. Particularly because we don't like your typical exposed aggregate glossy concrete floor - we much prefer nil exposure with a matte finish. We need to speak to OzGrind about the process to ensure they can achieve this desired aesthetic, and to find out what sort of variances might occur.

Other costs are likely to pop up when we do the Full Working Drawings and determine all the cabinetry/electrical work etc. And when we come to the Colour Selection process. Our overall ideal colour scheme is simply monochrome with concrete/light wood features.

I'd love to hear from others who are building in the same area, or who are building through Valeco Homes.

I really like your house plan Stacy, can't wait to see everything come up. We are building not far from you, in bellbird park. I like Springfield Lakes, it's a beautiful area.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89712&p=1756568#p1756568
mafu1983
I really like your house plan Stacy, can't wait to see everything come up. We are building not far from you, in bellbird park. I like Springfield Lakes, it's a beautiful area.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89712&p=1756568#p1756568

Thanks!!
Awesome, I'll be following your build too!
Stacey, did you see the post about the person whose exposed concrete slab was buffed incorrectly?
bananarama
Stacey, did you see the post about the person whose exposed concrete slab was buffed incorrectly?

Nope...? I'll try to find it now..

*EDIT*

Just read it - I really feel for them. We specifically don't want exposed aggregate or gloss finish, and if it happens to us we'll be super disappointed. I could probably live with it... depending on what the stones look like. I've seen lots of photos of homes with different concrete flooring that I could probably make it work.

But I totally understand the frustration and heartbreak of not getting the desired look you wanted - especially as they are such opposites. Wanting matte - getting gloss. Wanting partial exposure - getting full exposure. It's such a dramatic change and can throw out everything you had visually planned in your head for your home.

Fingers crossed our SS get's it right for us.
Can anyone confirm that the laundry has plumbing for a washing machine by default?

It just dawned on us today.. I'm not sure where it says on specs or plan that it HAS plumbing. I would assume so, but not sure where it is written as confirmation...
Yep, it was in ours without us asking for it! They even put the taps in the cupboard automatically!

Your laundry elevation should state where they are, even if you can’t see them
bananarama
Yep, it was in ours without us asking for it! They even put the taps in the cupboard automatically!

We didn't get a laundry elevation... so that's why we're unsure. haha
staceyrussell
bananarama

We didn't get a laundry elevation... so that's why we're unsure. haha

Yes ours was definitely in our laundry elevation too.

I would be questioning and asking why you didn’t get a working drawing for your laundry?
Checked out the house today, we have slab and frames! <3

Heaps of photos below.. I'll put our floor plan first to help make sense of things

sooooooo exciting staceyrussell. Meanwhile how big does your living area look.. that alfresco will look so good too.
gr8ly
sooooooo exciting staceyrussell. Meanwhile how big does your living area look.. that alfresco will look so good too.

Haha, we will have a wide kitchen island that will make it seem a little smaller, but it still is quite a large area.
Should be really nice with the open alfresco.
staceyrussell
Checked out the house today, we have slab and frames! <3

Heaps of photos below.. I'll put our floor plan first to help make sense of things

Great photos Stacy ☺️
Looking great Stacey!!
Related
2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum