Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SETTLING IN - Valeco - Polished Concrete + Monochrome

Page 7 of 27
I found Beaumont no help in knowing what tiles are Valeco range.

This is the list from a few months ago. I know they have some new ones on it now but I don't have that list sorry!

Not the biggest range, but we found the price to change our tiles pretty reasonable.

Mind you, ours aren't rectified, so that helps!
_sallz
Hi Stacey!

Loving your post, came across it last week and noticed everything seems to be running quite smoothly for you guys!

No, still at the researching stages
We are down to 4 builders so it really comes down to their inclusions and the price. Going to get someone from Valeco to do up a quote for us in the next few days.

I had previously built a custom home 3 years ago so hoping to find a company who can WOW me. First builder was great and I had no issues and inclusions were practically what other builders consider upgrade (at the time). Noticed now that a lot of company's are competing hard and adding those upgrades in as standards now.

Can you tell me if we can just walk in to Beaumont Tiles and ask to see the Valeco Homes range without having signed the contract?

Thanks, yes - so far so good. Just things taking longer than expected due to land delays. But Valeco have been great!

Oh cool, which other builders are you looking at?
Are you doing a custom build again this time, or not sure at this stage?

I've uploaded Valeco's tile lists onto my One Drive for you: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkQ1Ycov5JVQ437jJ4r4cDGbFwt1

Let me know when you've downloaded them and I'll take them down again.

If you go to Beaumont Tiles in Fortitude Valley or Loganholme they should be able to direct you to the tiles. (Fortitude Valley in particular had builders range in a section towards the back, Loganholme was a bit all over the place.) The "Executive" range is the standard, "Premium Range" is more expensive.

We went with Exile Charcoal Lappato from the Premium range for bathroom floor tiles, and Space White Gloss from the Executive range for the walls (with Exile Charcoal in our wall niches.) The upgraded floor tiles cost us $987 for our bathroom and ensuite. We only have standard tiling too - as in, we didn't get extra tilling up the walls. Couldn't quite budget for it.
Lanabananah
I found Beaumont no help in knowing what tiles are Valeco range.

This is the list from a few months ago. I know they have some new ones on it now but I don't have that list sorry!

Not the biggest range, but we found the price to change our tiles pretty reasonable.

Mind you, ours aren't rectified, so that helps!

Is that the standard range list?

Thank you
_sallz
Is that the standard range list?

Thank you

I just saw on your profile that you're a designer?

Are you likely to start a thread when you build? Would love to follow along, I'm sure it will be stunning! <3
staceyrussell
_sallz
Hi Stacey!

Loving your post, came across it last week and noticed everything seems to be running quite smoothly for you guys!

We are down to 4 builders so it really comes down to their inclusions and the price. Going to get someone from Valeco to do up a quote for us in the next few days.

I had previously built a custom home 3 years ago so hoping to find a company who can WOW me. First builder was great and I had no issues and inclusions were practically what other builders consider upgrade (at the time). Noticed now that a lot of company's are competing hard and adding those upgrades in as standards now.

Can you tell me if we can just walk in to Beaumont Tiles and ask to see the Valeco Homes range without having signed the contract?

Thanks, yes - so far so good. Just things taking longer than expected due to land delays. But Valeco have been great!

I've uploaded Valeco's tile lists onto my One Drive for you: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkQ1Ycov5JVQ437jJ4r4cDGbFwt1

If you go to Beaumont Tiles in Fortitude Valley or Loganholme they should be able to direct you to the tiles. (Fortitude Valley in particular had builders range in a section towards the back, Loganholme was a bit all over the place.) The "Executive" range is the standard, "Premium Range" is more expensive.

We went with Exile Charcoal Lappato from the Premium range for bathroom floor tiles, and Space White Gloss from the Executive range for the walls (with Exile Charcoal in our wall niches.) The upgraded floor tiles cost us $987 for our bathroom and ensuite. We only have standard tiling too - as in, we didn't get extra tilling up the walls. Couldn't quite budget for it.

Ive just downloaded it, thank you heaps

We are looking at, Clarendone Home - I was informed by a friend (whose worked for several kit homes and private builders previously) that they are the best priced 2 storey homes in the market at the moment - and he doesnt even work for them.

Valeco - the fact they do both custom and kit homes is amazing. Also offering free 2 x drafting plans with quote at the beginning. The inclusions are pretty good, 80% of what we want, base price is low which means by the time you add those promotion/offers on, it equates to a standard price.

Coralhomes - Partners pick, he fell in love with one of their display homes and cant get that plan off his mind. Asked him to get a quote of everything we want and hand me their quote and I would consider. haha. Personally would not go coralhomes, metricon, stylemaster etc etc as they are costly.

Antech Construction in the Redlands - the first builder I went with

Might head down FV to have a look
_sallz
staceyrussell
_sallz
Hi Stacey!

We are looking at, Clarendone Home - I was informed by a friend (whose worked for several kit homes and private builders previously) that they are the best priced 2 storey homes in the market at the moment - and he doesnt even work for them.

Valeco - the fact they do both custom and kit homes is amazing. Also offering free 2 x drafting plans with quote at the beginning. The inclusions are pretty good, 80% of what we want, base price is low which means by the time you add those promotion/offers on, it equates to a standard price.

Coralhomes - Partners pick, he fell in love with one of their display homes and cant get that plan off his mind. Asked him to get a quote of everything we want and hand me their quote and I would consider. haha. Personally would not go coralhomes, metricon, stylemaster etc etc as they are costly.

We fell in love with a coral homes plan (Avoca 26) but found coral were so difficult when trying to get the custom edits we wanted and then they tried to get us to pay a non refundable deposit, telling us they wouldnt do the quote for the edited plans until after that deposit was paid.

Ummmm. Pass, thanks.
_sallz

You're welcome!

Oh awesome! Always great to have recommendations from people within the industry who don't actually work for the builder! So you're building a 2 storey home? What suburb?

Yes, we loved that Valeco did custom plans and would do drafting and quote up front without beating around the bush like other builders (particularly those who are fussy when making changes to existing plans).

We couldn't find any house plans to suit what we wanted, so I spent a lot of time researching and creating my own floor plan to suit us (we both work from home and are gaming nerds etc. so needed a layout and rooms to suit us). We used a free home design program (https://www.homestyler.com/) so that we could visualise everything too. We took our design straight to Valeco and they drafted it up properly, we then made a few tweaks and it's perfect! Couldn't be happier with our design. Just hope the build goes well - there's not a huge amount of reviews out there for them. But from what we've found most are good with a few bad ones(but every builder gets bad reviews).

Haha, I love that your getting your partner to investigate Coralhomes like that. Perhaps, if you don't want to go with Coral, you just need to find out what hubby loves about the design and create a custom plan to incorporate those things - taking it to another builder.
staceyrussell
_sallz

You're welcome!

Oh awesome! Always great to have recommendations from people within the industry who don't actually work for the builder! So you're building a 2 storey home? What suburb?

Yes, we loved that Valeco did custom plans and would do drafting and quote up front without beating around the bush like other builders (particularly those who are fussy when making changes to existing plans).

We couldn't find any house plans to suit what we wanted, so I spent a lot of time researching and creating my own floor plan to suit us (we both work from home and are gaming nerds etc. so needed a layout and rooms to suit us). We used a free home design program (https://www.homestyler.com/) so that we could visualise everything too. We took our design straight to Valeco and they drafted it up properly, we then made a few tweaks and it's perfect! Couldn't be happier with our design. Just hope the build goes well - there's not a huge amount of reviews out there for them. But from what we've found most are good with a few bad ones(but every builder gets bad reviews).

Haha, I love that your getting your partner to investigate Coralhomes like that. Perhaps, if you don't want to go with Coral, you just need to find out what hubby loves about the design and create a custom plan to incorporate those things - taking it to another builder.

Oh Stacey that is awesome!

We bought a block in the Birkdale, we both grew up in the area so it felt the most suitable.

Yes I saw you used that design program, I went into it and drew up their Byron Bay 26 plan with a few tweeks and it is awesome. I use to always use Solidworks to get the plan up to help visualize the space but Homestyler is definitely must quicker and easier. Yes custom home to suit your personal/work life is definitely the best option!

For us, we are not definite on a "custom home" due to the fact it is on a narrow block and how we want it is already what most builders have on their site (copyright reasons, it can be very risky). Due to my last experience (from my first build) I learnt a few things which is why I find some of the custom homes - especially Valeco Byron Bay 26 (with changes) and CoralHomes Cottesloe (no changes) quite good and it just flows. Also the fact I want to build 3rd one (the final one
) so need to make that one the perfect one.
:D:D

Haha he needs to do some research, whether useful or not it is best he practice now as it is his first time building. Just to get him up and running for the 3rd one
In saying that he could shock me and come up with something amazing and the quote perfect with all inclusions listed (that i would ask) lol
_sallz

We bought a block in the Birkdale, we both grew up in the area so it felt the most suitable.

Yes I saw you used that design program, I went into it and drew up their Byron Bay 26 plan with a few tweeks and it is awesome. I use to always use Solidworks to get the plan up to help visualize the space but Homestyler is definitely must quicker and easier. Yes custom home to suit your personal/work life is definitely the best option!

For us, we are not definite on a "custom home" due to the fact it is on a narrow block and how we want it is already what most builders have on their site (copyright reasons, it can be very risky). Due to my last experience (from my first build) I learnt a few things which is why I find some of the custom homes - especially Valeco Byron Bay 26 (with changes) and CoralHomes Cottesloe (no changes) quite good and it just flows. Also the fact I want to build 3rd one (the final one

Haha he needs to do some research, whether useful or not it is best he practice now as it is his first time building. Just to get him up and running for the 3rd one
In saying that he could shock me and come up with something amazing and the quote perfect with all inclusions listed (that i would ask) lol

Nawww, Birkdale seems like a beautiful suburb!

Glad to hear you liked the Homestyler program, it's super fun to play with!

Oh, that's true.. narrow block's are designed pretty well. Oh, I do love the look of that CoralHomes Cottesloe plan too (no wonder your partner loves it)!!

Hahaha! Wow, you must love the building experience then!? Haha. Is this second home mainly so that you can tweak the third (and final) one to be perfect based on how this one plans out?
staceyrussell
_sallz

Nawww, Birkdale seems like a beautiful suburb!

Glad to hear you liked the Homestyler program, it's super fun to play with!

Oh, that's true.. narrow block's are designed pretty well. Oh, I do love the look of that CoralHomes Cottesloe plan too (no wonder your partner loves it)!!

Hahaha! Wow, you must love the building experience then!? Haha. Is this second home mainly so that you can tweak the third (and final) one to be perfect based on how this one plans out?

Oopz my apology I don't know why I put Cottesloe and Coralhomes. It is Kindsley 28 from Ausbuild, I think I was looking at someone elses topic when I was typing lol....

Trying to make money from the house and putting it towards the last - probably make more renovating an old house but enjoying learning all these things through building and even though it is my second time I have learnt new stuff again so it is never ending
:)
Urgh, so our land settlement has been pushed back yet again.... "September".
That's got to be so frustrating!

Do they give you any reasons why?
That sucks
What?!!!! September is not too far away though... a few months wait seems to be normal these days. Hopefully Valeco will make up time in the build.
Not sure of the reason. Just not ready yet I guess.

It was originally May. Then July. Then August and now September. I hope it's the last time they push it back.
[quote="staceyrussell"]Not sure of the reason. Just not ready yet I guess.

It was originally May. Then July. Then August and now September. I hope it's the last time they push it back.
/quote]
sounds like our original schedule to submit plans to council lol
gr8ly
sounds like our original schedule to submit plans to council lol

Lol
[quote="staceyrussell"]Urgh, so our land settlement has been pushed back yet again.... "September".
/quote]

Oh dear! How frustrating for you. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!
Bummer that sucks! The waiting is so hard.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
No worries, Valeco will speed up
Related
2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum