Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carlisle Homes - Claremont 35

Page 3 of 3
stayxtrue
Doulton777
stayxtrue
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="stayxtrue"][quote="Nataly"]Once again our slab was due last wednesday has been moved again. Honestly this is really frustrating just just hope the whole process is not going to be like that:-x

When we were selling our house our next door neigbour was building with carlisle, they had their slab put down end of october, frame was delivered a few days later, however the frame was not started until Feb! carlisle are severly back logged at the moment from what I have heard, however there are a lot of builders in this position.

Henley are not even pushing clients through from sales until their blocks are close to titling and in some cases have titled! Its a crazy time due to all the land being released in melbourne! The demand is very high and there just are not enough trades!

I have just been saying that in another post. It Looks like there's not enough tradies. There's a shortage and therefor the ones that are there are charging double. I reckon too many houses getting built around Melbourne. I don't think it's not enough tradies. I think builders are taking too many houses on. As they are building everywhere in Melbourne. Country doesn't exists anymore. Lands getting released everywhere.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

yep! You are correct I think its now more or less becoming a case of Greed now.. People are starting to get a little bit money hungry! Someones pockets are definitely being filled at the moment![/quote]

I don't get why these builders cant just have their own tradies. Instead of hiring contractors? Might be cheaper that way. Plus you would know what it's is working for you. Their skill level.

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

I agree, as some of the trades have some of the worst workmanship I have seen! If normal people were doing that in their jobs... well let's just say we wouldn't have a job!

[/quote]

Spot on

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Passed through and saw the slab poured it was quite a relief.

Hey guys does anyone know what this is called and where to buy it. Need it for my lounge
Nataly

Hey guys does anyone know what this is called and where to buy it. Need it for my lounge

Let me know if you find out please? I am looking at getting this done too
stayxtrue
Doulton777
stayxtrue
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="stayxtrue"][quote="Nataly"]Once again our slab was due last wednesday has been moved again. Honestly this is really frustrating just just hope the whole process is not going to be like that:-x

When we were selling our house our next door neigbour was building with carlisle, they had their slab put down end of october, frame was delivered a few days later, however the frame was not started until Feb! carlisle are severly back logged at the moment from what I have heard, however there are a lot of builders in this position.

Henley are not even pushing clients through from sales until their blocks are close to titling and in some cases have titled! Its a crazy time due to all the land being released in melbourne! The demand is very high and there just are not enough trades!

I have just been saying that in another post. It Looks like there's not enough tradies. There's a shortage and therefor the ones that are there are charging double. I reckon too many houses getting built around Melbourne. I don't think it's not enough tradies. I think builders are taking too many houses on. As they are building everywhere in Melbourne. Country doesn't exists anymore. Lands getting released everywhere.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

yep! You are correct I think its now more or less becoming a case of Greed now.. People are starting to get a little bit money hungry! Someones pockets are definitely being filled at the moment![/quote]

I don't get why these builders cant just have their own tradies. Instead of hiring contractors? Might be cheaper that way. Plus you would know what it's is working for you. Their skill level.

I agree, as some of the trades have some of the worst workmanship I have seen! If normal people were doing that in their jobs... well let's just say we wouldn't have a job!

[/quote]
My cousins are building in Tullamore in Doncaster with mirvac and there is definitely a shortage of tradies available. They said there were signs requesting for more tradies lol.... they were supposed to have started last year but land is still untitled due to shortage of tradies doing civil works.

Nataly

Passed through and saw the slab poured it was quite a relief.

Yah congratulations on slab!

PEARZ
stayxtrue
Doulton777
[quote="stayxtrue"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="stayxtrue"][quote="Nataly"]Once again our slab was due last wednesday has been moved again. Honestly this is really frustrating just just hope the whole process is not going to be like that:-x

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]
My cousins are building in Tullamore in Doncaster with mirvac and there is definitely a shortage of tradies available. They said there were signs requesting for more tradies lol.... they were supposed to have started last year but land is still untitled due to shortage of tradies doing civil works.

[/quote]

I guess no one wants too learn for peanuts anymore. Apprentices and economy just doesn't seem too be the thing now days. Prices of everything going up. How are they going to survive on $8 an hour. No one wants to sacrifice it anymore. That's why there's less and less apprentices going for trades. Which in turn makes it less and less tradesman out there.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi we are building with Carlisle in circa too:) we have our color selection next week. Eeek. following your thread and good luck with everything.

Doulton777
PEARZ
stayxtrue
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="stayxtrue"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="stayxtrue"][quote="Nataly"]Once again our slab was due last wednesday has been moved again. Honestly this is really frustrating just just hope the whole process is not going to be like that:-x

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess no one wants too learn for peanuts anymore. Apprentices and economy just doesn't seem too be the thing now days. Prices of everything going up. How are they going to survive on $8 an hour. No one wants to sacrifice it anymore. That's why there's less and less apprentices going for trades. Which in turn makes it less and less tradesman out there.

The positive news is our CH neighbours house has resumed. It's sad to see the houses come to a halt but was exciting to seeing them back in action

I pass spectra on my way to work everyday and in the beginning of the year the car parks were full of SM vehicles every morning but now I see none
but I bet tomorrow they'll be back

Hey, just joined this forum. We are building a montpellier in glenrose boulevarde... few streets away from circa. Work at our site is going in full force. Slab was poured around end april, and our framing of ground floor is almost complete. In parallel, brickwork has also started. A m startled that each construction is at a different pace.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum