Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 4 of 109
beac_faith
Renman
beac_faith
Congrats! I remember that moment very clearly. I was scared when we signed that contract actually.

Thanks Beac,

It's taken us 7 months to get to this stage.

Why were you feeling scared?

Because I wasn't sure if we were doing the right thing
and knowing we were going to be so poor after

Beac,

Between building this house and sending the two kids to private schools in the future, been poor was always the plan
lol
nikil
Renman
The journey really starts for us now. Just signed the final contract and received the 5% invoice.

Excited but also worried as well.

Congrats!! Any surprises at Contract? Did you get a final figure for your site costs?

Nikil,

We got a copy of the contract a few days ago, gave us time to go over a few times things so the signing wasn't too bad.

Had a list of variations that we added last minute into the contract like insulation between the floors that made it into the contract and that lifted the price up.

There's another list of about 25 things that we have come up with since that will make it into the next variation. Hopefully this will be the final changes unless we discover something else.

Finger cross!!!
Renman
Had a list of variations that we added last minute into the contract like insulation between the floors that made it into the

Hi Renman,

Have been following this thread as we are considering the Hampshire as a possibility or going custom. I was told by the Metricon Sales guy that they couldn't do insulation between the floors... unless you got the Hebel powerfloor. Is that what you went for? If you don't mind me asking how much was the cost to add insulation between floors?
Please post the response from csc on stone pricing when you get it.

emmyawards
Renman
Had a list of variations that we added last minute into the contract like insulation between the floors that made it into the

Hi Renman,

Have been following this thread as we are considering the Hampshire as a possibility or going custom. I was told by the Metricon Sales guy that they couldn't do insulation between the floors... unless you got the Hebel powerfloor. Is that what you went for? If you don't mind me asking how much was the cost to add insulation between floors?

Hi Emmy

It's costing us $4,361 for R2.5 acoustic-therm batts. Our place is 51sq instead of the standard 45.

We asked for hebel powerful and it was way too expensive and also increased the height of our house even more.

What area are you building in?

PM me if you want to discuss about choosing M Hampshire Vs custom as we did our own comparisons before we picked M.

Oninon
Please post the response from csc on stone pricing when you get it.

I am still waiting to hear back.

I have a suspicion that my request for a detailed breakdown of the stone benches will not go down well with M.

Question to all....

To all of those who are building with M Liberty Glendale, Hampshire and Boudreaux 45+

Upon signing out final contract, are you been told that they will require 346 days to build your how? In reality how many months are they really aim for?

Wow they must be under the pump down there. Here is mine 273 days.
dulie
Wow they must be under the pump down there. Here is mine 273 days.

That is a big difference.

We had hoped to be in for Xmas

Yeah it's crazy the differences. They offered my auntie a 190 day contract if she made no more variations, but that never happened.

They are super quick up here in QLD, I reckon they will have my house done by April.
dulie
Yeah it's crazy the differences. They offered my auntie a 190 day contract if she made no more variations, but that never happened.

They are super quick up here in QLD, I reckon they will have my house done by April.

That would be absolutely fantastic!!

We were told because we had some many variations it would take longer to build.

Just saw this Ad on TV. First time I've seen it on TV

Shower niche

Just wondering how high of ground is your shower niche?

I'm not quite sure looking at the pic

According to my plan, it's @ 1020. Looking at the plan in your first post yours is @ 1080, but above it says @ 1090
dulie
According to my plan, it's @ 1020. Looking at the plan in your first post yours is @ 1080, but above it says @ 1090

Thanks Dulie.

I find that 1020 or 1080mm is way too low. The display homes seems to be a lot higher and what they have put down on our plans. Will have to check one of their display home and measure what they have done there.

Renman
Shower niche

mine is 1090 F.F
Scott2233
Renman
Shower niche

mine is 1090 F.F

Thanks

Have you built your house yet? If so, do you think it too low?

Hi Renman,

Great choice of design! We went to look at one thats being built in east melbourne and it looks great but there was one crucial thing that ruined the house in our opinion. When they raised the ceiling heights on the first floor, they didn't increase the facade windows along with it. So as a consequence the master bedroom felt like you were in a dolls house!
I hope you picked up on this with your changed but if you haven't I'd recommend you chat to your consultant asap!

Hope this helps.
Special_K
Hi Renman,

Great choice of design! We went to look at one thats being built in east melbourne and it looks great but there was one crucial thing that ruined the house in our opinion. When they raised the ceiling heights on the first floor, they didn't increase the facade windows along with it. So as a consequence the master bedroom felt like you were in a dolls house!
I hope you picked up on this with your changed but if you haven't I'd recommend you chat to your consultant asap!

Hope this helps.

Hi Special K

The first thing we did was increase all the windows and doors.

That was why we went with M instead of PD. We were told that there wasn't a lot of options to change their window.

Did you check out out facade? What do you think?

Renman
Special_K
Hi Renman,

Hope this helps.

Hi Special K

The first thing we did was increase all the windows and doors.

That was why we went with M instead of PD. We were told that there wasn't a lot of options to change their window.

Did you check out out facade? What do you think?

I've got a video with pics if you want?

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum