Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 23 of 109
Even thou we are not building to the fence line, because the neighbour has we need extra retaining walls and underpinning which will cost $19k in site cost.

Doulton777
Rocchet
Doulton777
[quote="Renman"][quote="Quirmeball1280"][quote="Doulton777"]Me too was hoping to stick too $600,000 but went way. Over budget after selections. And a rude awakening for the site cost.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Unless you have a nice flat block of land, the site costs will pretty much always blow out

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846

Completely agree with you

Wonder if anyone has ever had the site cost reduce after demolition?

That wasn't our problem. Our land is pretty flat. Our was because of next door building too close to the fence line. Then other neighbours had the sewerage pipes too close. So we had to get 76 piers. All it can take is one neighbour build a certain way. And then it can cost you. All because they were their first. Which I believe is unfair. I think everyone should be treated equally. Not first in best dressed. Which cost us $11,000 more

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better. We are building in a new area with no neighbours at the moment. We were told that we needed additional piering because we were building within a certain distance to our fence line. It didn't matter what was or wasn't next door. you want to make sure that no matter what is built next to you the structure is sound. Sign of the times with houses building closer together nowadays. At least you know that you have a sound structure regardless of what is built around you in the future. The neighbours might not be so lucky if they don't have a lot of piering.

[/quote]

I think they include any trees that are there anyway. We never had problems here and we just had the standard slab with a tree at the front. Had no problem. In fact our house has no cracks which is unusual for new houses. Well it's 12 years old this yeah.

Maybe you have sewerage pipes close to your fence as well? Do you have trees at the front?

To me I think m jacks up the price too high. Henley have a 50 year structure guarantee, 12 mths extended maintenance and much more. In their base price it includes site cost. No builder has that that I know of. I know it could go to more once soil test is done. But to have it already included is great.

When are you referring to the easement when you say sewerage pipes or are they different things all together?

nikil
A Metricon sales consultant told me they overcharge for site costs and go above and beyond what's actually required because of all the bad press they have had.

Maybe they should stop using waffle slab then as that was the cause of it all.

nikil
A Metricon sales consultant told me they overcharge for site costs and go above and beyond what's actually required because of all the bad press they have had.

So we pay the price for their past mistakes. This could get them bad press again. As now they are over charging.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
nikil

So we pay the price for their past mistakes. This could get them bad press again. As now they are over charging.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I agree, I know after being told that I wouldn't be choosing them.

Renman
Doulton777
Rocchet
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Renman"][quote="Quirmeball1280"][quote="Doulton777"]Me too was hoping to stick too $600,000 but went way. Over budget after selections. And a rude awakening for the site cost.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Unless you have a nice flat block of land, the site costs will pretty much always blow out

Completely agree with you

Wonder if anyone has ever had the site cost reduce after demolition?

That wasn't our problem. Our land is pretty flat. Our was because of next door building too close to the fence line. Then other neighbours had the sewerage pipes too close. So we had to get 76 piers. All it can take is one neighbour build a certain way. And then it can cost you. All because they were their first. Which I believe is unfair. I think everyone should be treated equally. Not first in best dressed. Which cost us $11,000 more

If it makes you feel any better. We are building in a new area with no neighbours at the moment. We were told that we needed additional piering because we were building within a certain distance to our fence line. It didn't matter what was or wasn't next door. you want to make sure that no matter what is built next to you the structure is sound. Sign of the times with houses building closer together nowadays. At least you know that you have a sound structure regardless of what is built around you in the future. The neighbours might not be so lucky if they don't have a lot of piering.

[/quote]

I think they include any trees that are there anyway. We never had problems here and we just had the standard slab with a tree at the front. Had no problem. In fact our house has no cracks which is unusual for new houses. Well it's 12 years old this yeah.

Maybe you have sewerage pipes close to your fence as well? Do you have trees at the front?

To me I think m jacks up the price too high. Henley have a 50 year structure guarantee, 12 mths extended maintenance and much more. In their base price it includes site cost. No builder has that that I know of. I know it could go to more once soil test is done. But to have it already included is great.

When are you referring to the easement when you say sewerage pipes or are they different things all together?

[/quote]

Two different things. Easement is at the back of your house where the fence is. You can't build to close to the fence you need to be at least 3 metres away from your fence. You can put something light over it thou. But be prepared if the council needs to get access to it they will pull whatever you have down.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
When I asked my consultant about the waffle slab issue, they told me that it depends on the land. For those land that had issues they are increasing the tolerance level so that it won't happen again.

nikil
Doulton777
nikil

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I agree, I know after being told that I wouldn't be choosing them.

Yeah it's not right. After everything they put us through. The big jack up in the price for site cost. As well as the prices they charge for selections. Way over.

In fact I just bought a sink from this place that sells to m. The same sink that m will put in our house. Is $149 through this place. And m is charging us $450 per each sink. That just shows you what their mark up is

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
When I asked my consultant about the waffle slab issue, they told me that it depends on the land. For those land that had issues they are increasing the tolerance level so that it won't happen again.

I think that's an excuse. They do it for everyone.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I went with another builder due to M site costs. We paid $14000 all up in site costs which included h class slab $3800, saline soil $3200, additional piering, deepened edge beams, concrete pump and additional cut and fill $7000. We are a new build on a flat block (just as a comparison)

Doulton777

Yeah it's not right. After everything they put us through. The big jack up in the price for site cost. As well as the prices they charge for selections. Way over.

In fact I just bought a sink from this place that sells to m. The same sink that m will put in our house. Is $149 through this place. And m is charging us $450 per each sink. That just shows you what their mark up is

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yeah, with M's buying power they should be able to match if not better retail price (even with their builder's margin). Many of their suppliers, eg lighting, have constant sales of 25-40% off yet M's price list never changes...

Quirmeball1280
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yeah, with M's buying power they should be able to match if not better retail price (even with their builder's margin). Many of their suppliers, eg lighting, have constant sales of 25-40% off yet M's price list never changes...

Yeah and they would get it cheaper to begin with cos they buy them in volumes.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi All,

I have just updated my close to final plans. Let me know your thoughts.

Build update. Result from the underpinning probe concluded that we don't need to have underpinning done. That's a saving of $11K

We upgraded to the new digital Actron QUE aircon which means we drop down to a 19kW systems but save $3k

Good news is that if we signed off on all our variations, we should get the final updates with go to site price this week or early next week.
Just hoping that other site cost drops a bit as well. 🤞

Metricon said that they should be able to building by the end of the month.

Glad that it's about to start. Worried that that they building through Winter soon.

That's some good news indeed! Saving money anywhere is definitely a bonus.
Fingers crossed they can get cracking for you by the end of the month.
dulie

Thanks Dulie

Would definitely be good to see that start.

It's been an 11 months journey already.

Renman
dulie

Thanks Dulie

Your getting closer. That's good news. Better when they finally start thou cos then you know it's really happening. Glad your saving on some things.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Renman
dulie

Thanks Dulie

Your getting closer. That's good news. Better when they finally start thou cos then you know it's really happening. Glad your saving on some things.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks Doulton

Any saving counts in the building game.

Renman
Doulton777
Renman
[quote="dulie"]That's some good news indeed! Saving money anywhere is definitely a bonus.

Thanks Dulie

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks Doulton

Any saving counts in the building game.

[/quote]

All m had ever done is add more cost. They should really give more discounts for people who go over $100,000 I reckon.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I think it's the opposite. They know you can afford it and try to increase the price.

it's true! just another money hungry corporation!
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum