Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 20 of 109
emmyawards
It's not just a young people thing either. I'm younger than some of the people I work with and I swear my 3 year old listens better and throws less tantrums than some of these people.

Hehehe true yeah. I know it's definitely older people too. It's frustrating cos you think they would get things right. But then you need to keep chasing them for things. It's like no one is trained for their professions anymore.

Doulton777
emmyawards
It's not just a young people thing either. I'm younger than some of the people I work with and I swear my 3 year old listens better and throws less tantrums than some of these people.

Hehehe true yeah. I know it's definitely older people too. It's frustrating cos you think they would get things right. But then you need to keep chasing them for things. It's like no one is trained for their professions anymore.

Exactly spot on. It's sad there's very little unique people in their professions now days

Doulton777
Doulton777
emmyawards

Exactly spot on. It's sad there's very little unique people in their professions now days

They need to take pride in your work like the Japanese and the Germans.

Oh my word, your house is going to freaking amazing!!! Those high ceilings are going to be awesome!!! Following along

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Oh my word, your house is going to freaking amazing!!! Those high ceilings are going to be awesome!!! Following along

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thank Charli

We are hoping that it will turn out the way we had hope and not regret anything.

Update - Our second soil test post house demolition is done

Metricon will draw up the final plans next week and get permit approval the following week.
Not long now I hope 🤞

Yay. Good for you renman. Ours is delayed because the person who was supposed to draw our plans went on paternity leave for 2 weeks and didn't tell our sales consultant. So now another 2 week wait for drawings.

Turns out they will accept our old soil test too so we only have to get the one post demolition which will save us some money.

emmyawards
Yay. Good for you renman. Ours is delayed because the person who was supposed to draw our plans went on paternity leave for 2 weeks and didn't tell our sales consultant. So now another 2 week wait for drawings.

Turns out they will accept our old soil test too so we only have to get the one post demolition which will save us some money.

Thank Emmy

I hate how someone at Metricon goes on leave and all works seems to stop. Doesn't anyone cover for each other or their department plan for these leaves. If it happened at our work we wouldn't be in business.

Hopefully there's no more delays for you.

Was your old house on stumps? I was told that if they had access to under ur house then in some cases you didn't need a second soil test.

How much did you saved for not having a second one?

Renman
emmyawards

Thank Emmy

I hate how someone at Metricon goes on leave and all works seems to stop. Doesn't anyone cover for each other or their department plan for these leaves. If it happened at our work we wouldn't be in business.

Was your old house on stumps? I was told that if they had access to under ur house then in some cases you didn't need a second soil test.

No the reason is we previously signed with Metricon and had them do a soil test then so we are reusing it. Not sure how much we save yet.

emmyawards
Renman
emmyawards

Thank Emmy

No the reason is we previously signed with Metricon and had them do a soil test then so we are reusing it. Not sure how much we save yet.

Every bit counts.

Great news! Not too much longer now

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Hi Renman, I checked out your electrical plans but couldn't work out where you ended up putting your router, ie where your Cat6 cables will terminate. I'm trying to figure out whether I need to put it somewhere central otherwise we won't get wifi to all parts of the house. What do you think? Thx

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Renman

Metricon will draw up the final plans next week and get permit approval the following week.
Not long now I hope 🤞

Yesss can't wait to see a Renman build

Quirmeball1280
Hi Renman, I checked out your electrical plans but couldn't work out where you ended up putting your router, ie where your Cat6 cables will terminate. I'm trying to figure out whether I need to put it somewhere central otherwise we won't get wifi to all parts of the house. What do you think? Thx

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846

Hi QM

I just recently moved all the data return point, cables and phone to the garage to get better access and wifi signal instead of having it under the staircase.

I've requested two Cat6 data provision on the ground floor ceiling and 2 more on the top floor ceiling. All 4 cables will return to the garage where I will connect it to wireless router. Will connect the 4 Cat6 cables to a PoE access point which will be mounted to the ceiling to give the whole house continuous wifi signal.

See pic. I have highlighted it in green.

Emmz70
Renman

Not long now I hope 🤞

Yesss can't wait to see a Renman build

It's been 10months to get to this stage. Never thought that it was have taken this long
what's another 10 months

Damn 10 months in admin, are you getting charged extra fees for going over the 6 month period?
So far nothing. 2 of those months were delays on their side.

Actron has released a new aircon model that takes advantage of the built in wireless controller instead of buying separate card, it also comes with a touchscreen.
Has better control functionality and temperature management per zone.

Have requested Metricon for a price.

Renman

what is the part no. of the item?
Have you got a link?

Thanks
Stan
stanus
Renman

what is the part no. of the item?
Have you got a link?

Thanks
Stan

Private message your email address and I'll forward the PDF. I couldn't see it on their website.

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum