Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 101 of 109
dulie
Great progress! Can't wait to see the final product!!!
Thanks Dulie.

I just purchased all 70 lights for the garden lighting solution. Hope it will be good once it's done.

How is your place going?

Renman
dulie
Great progress! Can't wait to see the final product!!!

Thanks Dulie.

I just purchased all 70 lights for the garden lighting solution. Hope it will be good once it's done.

How is your place going?

Nice, will be eagerly awaiting! Might even inspire me to do something with my back yard lol.
As for us not much has changed in our place, just enjoying the home =)
shokel1975
Looking good renman! I bet you can't wait to get those fences redone at the end of it! You will have a truly stunning house when your gardens are completed.
I am replacing both the left and right side fence. The back till get some fixes and a new coat of paint.

Looking forward to the end to enjoy it.

jsmi
Good progress, exciting stuff. What material are you going for the pavers, and are you doing the French tile pattern like the rendered image?

Using bluestone French pattern with a honed bluestone border around the outside.

Love the water feature in your design! Exciting that the landscaping is underway!
I love your landscaping design! That’s my dream garden and the exact plants I love. The water feature will look sensational! How long do they think it’s gonna take to finish ?

MrsJM
I love your landscaping design! That’s my dream garden and the exact plants I love. The water feature will look sensational! How long do they think it’s gonna take to finish ?

Thanks MrsJM

The 3D design concept help to show us that what we will be getting.

Forecast between 9-12 weeks subject to weather.

Progress has been slow due all the rain that had in Melb. Doesn't help that our driveway is steep and our soil is 100% clay.

Also a few 3D update to match the shape of plants we wanted.

Renman
love the 3d rendering
your definitely going to have an exquisite front/back yard
Things are starting to take shape now!
dulie
We have had rain for the past two weeks, with another week of rain due this week the progress will be slow.

How is your house holding up, any issues popping up?

I have M coming to try and fix our squeaky floors, hoping they don't stuff up our carpets that we laid post handover.

stanus
Renman
love the 3d rendering
your definitely going to have an exquisite front/back yard
It will be a few years till the plants mature enough to look like the pics unfortunately.

Renman
dulie

We have had rain for the past two weeks, with another week of rain due this week the progress will be slow.

I have M coming to try and fix our squeaky floors, hoping they don't stuff up our carpets that we laid post handover.

Our under-mount sink recently fell off, the silicone used just gave way. Pretty lazy effort on the original installers.
It's already been 2 years, so I just fixed the issue myself without bothering M.

Did M agree to fix the squeaky floors? Since we also got carpet post handover, we didn't even bother chasing it up with them. Just a minor creek in our master bedroom.
Renman those 3D pics are so good! Is this a service provided by your landscapers or is it something you do separately?

jsmi
Renman those 3D pics are so good! Is this a service provided by your landscapers or is it something you do separately?

It can be provided by the landscaper, in this situation I found one on Instagram and engaged my landscaper to engaged them.

dulie
Renman
dulie

Our under-mount sink recently fell off, the silicone used just gave way. Pretty lazy effort on the original installers.
It's already been 2 years, so I just fixed the issue myself without bothering M.

Did M agree to fix the squeaky floors? Since we also got carpet post handover, we didn't even bother chasing it up with them. Just a minor creek in our master bedroom.
They have said that it shouldn't impact the carpet as we brought the high end carpet and it can be relay a couple of time.

I am going from home that day and requested that the wty manager be there on that day. Will proposed that if they damaged the carpet or if the join is not as it is now then I want them to replace the carpet like they find for Doulton777.

We have noises coming from about 10 different areas of the hallway and one of the kids bed room

Renman
They have said that it shouldn't impact the carpet as we brought the high end carpet and it can be relay a couple of time.

I am going from home that day and requested that the wty manager be there on that day. Will proposed that if they damaged the carpet or if the join is not as it is now then I want them to replace the carpet like they find for Doulton777.

We have noises coming from about 10 different areas of the hallway and one of the kids bed room

I feel your pain. Nothing as annoying as squeaky floors, it really cheapens the feel of the house.
Hi Renman, did you have any issues with the floorboard post hand over? i.e. did you have to take out all the doors and re adjust them etc? I'm thinking of doing the same.

My wife said we would save quite a bit of $$ is that true?
We've got squeaks as well which will likely see them access it via the ceiling below.

blackcat20
We've got squeaks as well which will likely see them access it via the ceiling below.

I reckon they won't access through celling at all.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum