Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 89 of 109
Emmz70
Renman
Emmz70
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Drew01"][quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

For me, I would want them under a pelmet if you went all the way up. It may look a bit out of place of you didn't - I feel a pelmet would make the ceiling feel higher as well...

In the kitchen areas I have seen them ceiling heights and they look quiet nice. I think the opposite if you do go ceiling height it makes your ceilings look taller.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I thought the same thinking pelmet. But I was advised that it wasn’t needed and I wouldn’t regret it. I’m so glad I did it because it definitely gives of the illusion of height.

[/quote]Who did your curtains for you?

We are thinking of doing something in style. Pelemts also cost a fortune to make too.

[/quote]

We used these people located in Keysborough. They do everything and they are very affordable as well. Wait time can be up to 6 weeks but they managed to finish ours in 3 weeks.
Our SM gave us access to the house during lock up for measurements and they installed ours the week we moved in. I was super happy with the service. We were very lucky because on the same day our flooring was getting installed so I was able to match up my colour selections with floors

Pelmet pricing was very good but I wanted to see what they’d look like without and was happy with the choice

This is the place
http://www.decorlux.com.au
We went with S-fold sheers with no pelmets

[/quote]Looks very nice. Can I ask how much that cost you?

Emmz70
Doulton777
Emmz70
[quote="Renman"][quote="Emmz70"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Drew01"][quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

For me, I would want them under a pelmet if you went all the way up. It may look a bit out of place of you didn't - I feel a pelmet would make the ceiling feel higher as well...

In the kitchen areas I have seen them ceiling heights and they look quiet nice. I think the opposite if you do go ceiling height it makes your ceilings look taller.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I thought the same thinking pelmet. But I was advised that it wasn’t needed and I wouldn’t regret it. I’m so glad I did it because it definitely gives of the illusion of height.

We are thinking of doing something in style. Pelemts also cost a fortune to make too.

[/quote]

We used these people located in Keysborough. They do everything and they are very affordable as well. Wait time can be up to 6 weeks but they managed to finish ours in 3 weeks.
Our SM gave us access to the house during lock up for measurements and they installed ours the week we moved in. I was super happy with the service. We were very lucky because on the same day our flooring was getting installed so I was able to match up my colour selections with floors

Pelmet pricing was very good but I wanted to see what they’d look like without and was happy with the choice

This is the place

[/quote]

Wow those look amazing. Which company was it? How tall are your ceilings?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Our ceiling height was only 2550 and place is located in Keysborough.
They have a huge selection and reasonably priced.
These are some pics they sent me of customers using s-fold design and samples in the shop

Some Pelmet designs

It’s worth visiting if your in Melbourne and very reasonably priced

[/quote]

Their stuff looks great. Thank you you have been such a great help. Might go and check them out.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Renman
Applicanes are in. Yay!
But M was cheeky and didn't terminate the Isolator switch probably according to regulations.

Need a plumber to install the dishwasher now

Yay your almost there. Have you started packing? Oh by the way are you getting my messages at all?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton

Are you referring to your direct messages? If so, no.

Still painting the skirts in preparation for the carpet installs on Tuesday.

Moving in next week so we started packing.

Pic teaser. More to come.

Renman
Doulton777
Renman
Applicanes are in. Yay!
But M was cheeky and didn't terminate the Isolator switch probably according to regulations.

Yay your almost there. Have you started packing? Oh by the way are you getting my messages at all?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton

Very nice

Renman
Doulton777
Renman
Applicanes are in. Yay!

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton

Yes my direct ones. That’s this site for you. Always plays up.

Wow ren your oven looks awesome. I’m sure it’s worth the price.

I got mine too has 60 built in recipes.I love it. So I can imagine what yours will be like.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Emmz70
Doulton777
Emmz70
[quote="Renman"][quote="Emmz70"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Drew01"][quote="Doulton777"]Anyone do their own sheer curtains from the ceiling? Is it hard to do? Even more so on square set cornices?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

This is the place

[/quote]

Wow those look amazing. Which company was it? How tall are your ceilings?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Our ceiling height was only 2550 and place is located in Keysborough.
They have a huge selection and reasonably priced.
These are some pics they sent me of customers using s-fold design and samples in the shop

Some Pelmet designs

It’s worth visiting if your in Melbourne and very reasonably priced

[/quote]
Those look stunning. Love the floor to ceiling look. Will definitely be getting them when we get in.

Doulton777
Renman
Doulton777
[quote="Renman"]Applicanes are in. Yay!

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton

I got mine too has 60 built in recipes.I love it. So I can imagine what yours will be like.

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]Not getting your messages. I tried to send you a message and can't even open your previous message.

Steamer, oven and induction cooktop.

Dani_J
Renman
Doulton777
Floor looks great Ren. Specially the hallway part

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Thanks D777.

Now just have to make sure the carpet installer, appliance installer and removalist doesn't stuff up the floors.

Perhaps you should look into some protective covering? My BIL laid our floors and was insistent we put something over the top to prevent trades damaging it. Cost an extra $200-300 for a roll of this stuff. You just roll it out and tape it together. Don’t have to put it everywhere either, just the walkways like we’ve done in this room.

We used the form underlay as suggested and put cardboard on top and it seem to do the job for now.

Renman
Doulton777
Renman
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Renman"]Applicanes are in. Yay!

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]Not getting your messages. I tried to send you a message and can't even open your previous message.

[/quote]

That’s weird I wonder what happened. This site is not very stable

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Steamer, oven and induction cooktop.

Looks very nice and sleek

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Drool.. kitchen appliances
Love the combination of modern kitchen appliances and classic kitchen cabinetry

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Drool.. kitchen appliances
Love the combination of modern kitchen appliances and classic kitchen cabinetry

Thanks QM

We are very happy how it turned out. Yours will look the same as ours when its done.

Can I ask how much did it cost you to do the smoked mirrored glasssplash back ?

Hi Renman, the glass splashback is 6mm superclear toughened glass and cost $1,700 inc. GST. It’s available in any Dulux paint colour. We used it around both the kitchen clear splashback and butler’s pantry window.

Quirmeball1280
Hi Renman, the glass splashback is 6mm superclear toughened glass and cost $1,700 inc. GST. It’s available in any Dulux paint colour. We used it around both the kitchen clear splashback and butler’s pantry window.

Thanks QM.

We are thinking of doing the same.

Renman
Quirmeball1280

Thanks QM.

Hi QM
Do you have a glass splashback on the oven side as well? in our kitchen plan I have noticed we only have one side.
not on the side of the oven.
Renman
the appliances look sleek, like a supercar!
Hi Renman

I remember from one of the old messages that you mentioned that you have added a note on your tile contract in regards to tiling
bathroom niche etc.

can you please post me the details. I want to add the note as well for the tilers.
Kandi
Renman
Quirmeball1280

Thanks QM.

Hi QM
Do you have a glass splashback on the oven side as well? in our kitchen plan I have noticed we only have one side.
not on the side of the oven.

Hi Kandi, they usually don’t do the side of the oven tower as it is polyurethane or laminate cabinetry which is easy to clean. They normally stick the glass where it is gyprock and on the side of the window reveals.

Thanks QM. that's ok then.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum