Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

Page 86 of 109
Did the skirts have to come off? Is that why they need painting?

Floors look amazing

Hi Renman,
Your floors look amazing. Who is the supplier? (if you don't mind me asking)
Cheers
WoH
Rachael13
Renman
Rachael13
Renman - I haven't caught up with your thread for a while but each time I do, I can't believe how amazing your house looks. The timber flooring is brilliant and the colour that you're wanting is beautiful.

Such a classy and stylish home already. Can't wait to see landscaping and once you're all moved in.

It will be simply beautiful.

Thanks Rachael.

Kind words like that reassures us that we add doing the right thing and the stress of building with M will be a distance memory soon I hope.

We gave the skirts a light sand and putty the nail holes, ready for a first coat of paint tomorrow.

How's your M journey going?

I can definitely recommend these guys to anyone who is looking for solid floorboards.

Ah Renman - words are not kind but the truth.

I would love to have the hard wood floors but it will be laminate for us with the two German Shepherds in our home.

Our KDR journey is with Henley and it has been interesting to say the least. We will be hopefully getting the keys in the next month and then the hard work manual labour will start for us.

In the meantime - I'll just continue to drool over your home
We all have interesting journey regardless off the builder we pick.

Laminex is definitely there better choice with two dogs.

Drew01
Did the skirts have to come off? Is that why they need painting?

Floors look amazing

Thanks Drew, we are really happy with him and the quality of the craftmanship too.

The skirts left uncut in the garage as we opted to have M not installed them.

We had to putty the nails holes after our installer reccomend that we give it a light sand.
Since M doesn't sand it before installing and as a result their paint finish is not as smooth.

WifeofHunza
Hi Renman,
Your floors look amazing. Who is the supplier? (if you don't mind me asking)
Cheers
WoH
Hi, Not at all.
They are in Burwood Vic. http://www.borthwick.com.au

I'm calling them tomorrow!! Hopefully to do spotted gum is a reasonable price...

Can you show some photos of how they're finished around your island bench, or don't you have any waterfall edges?

Drew01
I'm calling them tomorrow!! Hopefully to do spotted gum is a reasonable price...

Can you show some photos of how they're finished around your island bench, or don't you have any waterfall edges?

We removed the side panels and the kickers as M stuffed up and didn't raise them by 19mm as requested.

They will be trimmed and reinstalled once the floors are done.

The boards sit inside passed the kicker.
So you've got a stone waterfall end on your island?

Definitely persuing this tomorrow!

Drew01
So you've got a stone waterfall end on your island?

Definitely persuing this tomorrow!

No. 2Pac shaker profile like the doors.

Before and after pics.

Your flooring looks divine!!

herringbone timber floors always add luxury to the house
You see it in nearly all the houses that they sell in Toorak.
Stain would be great if it is medium/light with dark highlights like the pic before.(well that's my opinion!)
Great looking house, Renman.
stanus
herringbone timber floors always add luxury to the house
You see it in nearly all the houses that they sell in Toorak.
Stain would be great if it is medium/light with dark highlights like the pic before.(well that's my opinion!)
Great looking house, Renman.
We are Toorak try hard or wannabe lol.

Definitely going with the stained that I showed previously.

Not long will be done and we can then get the carpet, appliances, commissioned the fireplace and then move it. Yay! Only to start the next phase of landscaping.

How are you enjoying your house, many issues?

starting in July, hopefully.. so no house yet, just an empty piece of land..
but you know what they say "good things come to those who wait" so that's what I am doing... waiting.
stanus
starting in July, hopefully.. so no house yet, just an empty piece of land..
but you know what they say "good things come to those who wait" so that's what I am doing... waiting.
All this waiting you will get a really good things(house). Lol

Noticed you don't have a stove but just a hole. Did you opt to have this installed after hand over?
sandymeo
Noticed you don't have a stove but just a hole. Did you opt to have this installed after hand over?
Sandy,

We have handed over already, planning to just put it in before we move in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for sharing your flooring supplier - they look really good. I had another supplier in mind however I think I will get a quote from here also.
WifeofHunza
Thanks for sharing your flooring supplier - they look really good. I had another supplier in mind however I think I will get a quote from here also.
Which other supplier were you considering? I had a quote from Stahmers a while back - I went to school with the director of the company. From memory he recommended and quoted Uniclic

WifeofHunza
These guys was a tiny bit more expensive but he is the owner and is a family run business. He came to site for a detailed quote without any charges, gave us a few sample boards during the build to make sure Metricon had something work with to level the tiles floors with the floorboards.

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum