Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Bohemian 25 in Vic

Page 2 of 3
For those curious we went for the raked ceiling based solely on M's Bohemian 29 display in Craigieburn (unfortunately closed since the start of the year so all I have to show is their website photos).

We fell in love with that display as soon as we walked in so it was a tense time waiting for the confirmation we could do the same on the 25sq design.
I looooove that raked ceiling!!! Can i ask what sort of price that set you back?? If i was building a single i would want that for sure!
kylz4
I looooove that raked ceiling!!! Can i ask what sort of price that set you back?? If i was building a single i would want that for sure!

I think it was around $3700 (edit: but that was quoted 12 months ago at prelim stage)
pauldab
Vantage_35
Looks fantastic, those ceilings are so high! What height are your windows and external doors?
Are those living room windows the standard type or did you upgrade them?

Living room windows on the side are double glazed awning (required for energy rating), the rest around the house are standard sliding.

The rear stacker doors are 2100 high, the windows are standard 1800 so with the 2700 ceiling at the lower point it may appear small. I know there is a bit of discussion elsewhere on H1 that raising the windows higher or making them larger makes a difference but I really don't mind. Our room layout plan has the lounge facing away from the windows and as we have a small lot I never saw the attraction to commit to that modification.

I'm totally surprised! I thought for sure they were higher windows and stacker doors...looks great...having second thoughts now on if it's worth making ours taller 2400 stackers and 2100 windows.

Vantage_35
I'm totally surprised! I thought for sure they were higher windows and stacker doors...looks great...having second thoughts now on if it's worth making ours taller 2400 stackers and 2100 windows.

You could call it the TARDIS theorem - smaller doors and the 300 drop ceiling in the kitchen makes it appear bigger on the inside especially when coming into the space from the front.
pauldab
You could call it the TARDIS theorem - smaller doors and the 300 drop ceiling in the kitchen makes it appear bigger on the inside especially when coming into the space from the front.

Ah I see, your ceiling in the kitchen is 300 lower, that explains the lack of bulkhead above your over head cupboards! Clever optical illusion. And smart move on spending the extra on where it counts like double glazing.

Vantage_35
Ah I see, your ceiling in the kitchen is 300 lower, that explains the lack of bulkhead above your over head cupboards! Clever optical illusion. And smart move on spending the extra on where it counts like double glazing.

Not much choice on the glazing, was a requirement for energy rating although in my experience awning windows allow the evaporative cooler to work more efficiently in moving the low level hot air out of the house so I really didn't mind seeing that variation document.
Hi Pauldab how's your progress going, should be lots happening now

Emmz70
Hi Pauldab how's your progress going, should be lots happening now

heaps, meeting the SS tomorrow for a final site visit before the shutdown but I'm told tiling is done, fitoffs are nearly done plus more I guess.
Met with our SS today before the holiday break, plenty has been completed
Brickwork and rendering complete, Painting, Benchtops, Tiling, Electrical and Plumbing fitoffs.

Plus a new friend to protect the house over the break!

Looking great! Love your tile choices. Can't wait to see it finished

Looking forward to more updates

I couldn't find any details of your tile choices...what tiles have you selected and what sizes are they?

Vantage_35
Looking forward to more updates

I couldn't find any details of your tile choices...what tiles have you selected and what sizes are they?

Walls are "Siderun Off-white Gloss" 250x400
Floors are "Euphoria Cement Gloss Textured" 400x400
(The Laminex samples are the Bathroom & Laundry Cabinet selections).

The splashback in the pantry is these subway tiles "United Grey Gloss" 100x300 (and its benchtop selection).

Thankfully all these were Metricon builders selection so were in our standard inclusions.

EDIT: The photos do not do these things justice thanks to the incorrect colour temp of the showroom lighting.
Thanks for posting the details. We've got selections coming up next week.

Love your floor tiles, they looks a lot darker in the laid pictures....and they were standard! Bonus!

Vantage_35
Love your floor tiles, they looks a lot darker in the laid pictures....and they were standard! Bonus!

All the tiles look darker in the pictures, especially the grey subway tiles.

This is due to the phone camera not picking up all of the reflected light from the tiles so if you get a chance I highly recommend going for a pre-appointment session (the Beaumont staff are great and very accommodating) and getting samples the week before your appointment and seeing how the tiles look in your existing home.
We are so close to PCI I can almost smell it.

Just small things being complete, final render coat, eaves, front deck all done.

Final services (Gas, Comms) run in to the property.

Great progress...love your front decking

No photos yet but the PCI was done today. Only painting touchups, a couple of missing shelves to install, driveway and drainage repairs and this thing is done!

I am impressed with the final result at the moment.
Congrats looking forward to some pics

HANDOVER MONDAY!!!!!

Driveway in and all of the defects found on PCI are complete so happy that this build has gone so well.

Post handover jobs begin for me and it's going to take some time to make the house just the way we want.

Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum