So, I was going to hold off posting my own thread until the build started, but whatever, we're already 7 months into the process!
Last July/August my wife and I began looking for designs to build, we'd chosen our preferred lot size (12.5x32) and we were monitoring a couple of estates for lots so it began to narrow down our options for homes.
After spending a few weekends checking various displays we went into the M display at Craigieburn and didn't go any further than the Bohemian 29. Put simply the openness of the living areas was awesome. Obviously the amount of upgrades M spend on the display specs helps to make the home look better but I could instantly see the potential to make a 25sq house feel bigger with the simple changes like higher (and a raked) ceilings and taller doors.
So, here is our choice!
Bohemian 25 RF (reverse front) with the Kingston facade
Raked Ceiling for Family & Dining Room
2.7m Ceilings throughout
2.4m internal doors
2.4m wardrobe doors
Kitchen sink, cooker and bench moved around from standard to suit my wife's preferred layout as per this floorplan.
Extra eaves above garage door and around side (developer reqs.)
Nothing much else, the actual floorplan is what we were after. We decided to put down the initial deposit almost immediately.
Not long after that we found a lot that was not only the right price but 40 metres long!! But thanks to a bit of stuffing around by the broker we were forced to withdraw our holding deposit on the land and look for something else after going elsewhere for funds.
Moving forward to October, our second choice for estate had another release open and this time we were able to execute a contract.
November and December rolls around and nothing happened. Cue the December shutdowns for industry and another 3 weeks rolls by.
January and the first half of February also pass us by, a few emails and calls to our SC is met with the answer "it's all progressing ok, I'll let you know if we need anything else". Then an email notification to say I had an account setup for me in the online portal... finally SOMETHING is happening!!!
Nope... another month passes us by... then last Friday I get an email from our SC saying that the siting had been done and our changes had passed verification...
This week.. our CSC calls and introduces herself.. nice to talk to and verified after I asked that the kitchen modifications were not 100% as we requested between our sales estimate and the plans so she went back and fixed it....
So, here we are with our Studio appointments booked and things moving on finally...